Class of 2015 - DE Marques Ford (FL) Decommits from UT, Commits to Rutgers,goes to JC, SU offered , Commits to ECU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Marques Ford (FL) Decommits from UT, Commits to Rutgers,goes to JC, SU offered , Commits to ECU

CuseLegacy

Marques Ford ✌️ ‏@Ford098Ford 1h
Just offered by #Syracuse !!
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png

Offers include Miami, USF, RU, Army, Duke, Wake, Wisc, Syracuse

Frank LaRosa ‏@EB_CoachLo 1h
Syracuse has extended an offer to 2015 DE Marques Ford!! #Orange

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ques_ford_florida_de_recaps_rutgers_trek.html

The Rutgers staff received an unofficial visit last Tuesday from 6-4, 225-pound East Bay (Gibsonton, Fla.) defensive end Marques Ford. And although he has yet to release a list of favorite schools, Rutgers, Miami (Fla.) and South Florida are believed to be three of his top contenders.
In total, Ford holds offers from the aforementioned schools as well as Wake Forest, Central Michigan, Army, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Marshall and Florida Atlantic. And his recruitment is expected to heat up throughout the spring evaluation period.
Hence, it bodes well for Rutgers to have gotten in on the action early.
"The Rutgers visit was great," said Ford. "The coaching staff seemed really interested in me. They showed me a lot of attention there. They took me on a tour and it was all about me."
Rutgers was the first school Ford visited outside his native state of Florida. He attended junior day at the University of South Florida and camped at Miami last summer.
He plans to make his final collegiate decision following his senior year of football, and after he takes all of his official visits. A school's academic prowess, overall environment and his relationship with the school's coaching staff are his three main points of focus. A school's location will not play a role in his recruitment, he says.
Ford, who admits to having elevated interest in the Scarlet Knights following his visit, spoke with defensive line coach Jim Panagos soon after he arrived home from New Jersey.
"He seemed really excited about the visit," said Ford. "And he was talking to me about getting up there more often and just getting to know the school better."
Ford is being recruited by Rutgers as a defensive end due to his ability to rush the passer and collapse the pocket.
In 2013, he accumulated 67 tackles, 17.5 for loss, and 10 sacks. He is slated to visit FAU Saturday. He'll also be visiting Miami again, in a few weeks.

His top eight offers in no particular order: Rutgers, Tennessee, Duke, Miami, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, UCF, and Clemson.

we didn't even make his top 8 before his commitment to UT. would be a great get but doesn't seem likely. kid is pretty huge indeed!

It's funny that people were bent out of shape and worried because we did this to West Lindor. Yet Tennessee did it to Ford. They pulled his offer just a few days ago because there's no room at the inn. 2 weeks before signing day. Can you imagine, this 4 Star kid from Tampa?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/vols/2015/01/21/marques-ford-decommits-tennessee/22123845/

I feel like there was more to the story with Lindor than we may ever know and may or may not well be the case with Ford as well.

Word on the street is that he's Rutgers bound. (I'm not gonna spend the time researching). Big pick up.

Word on the street is that he's Rutgers bound. (I'm not gonna spend the time researching). Big pick up.

Yep he committed to RU. They are picking up a lot of talented kids. Hate their guts

Yep he committed to RU. They are picking up a lot of talented kids. Hate their guts

Let's not go overboard here. Two guys isn't a lot. And they haven't even landed Clayton yet although it seems likely.

Ford basically rebounded to Rutgers after the Vols pulled his offer because Rutgers was the first team to jump all over him. He hasn't even visited Rutgers yet. Definitely a great prospect but I doubt his recruitment is over.

How the F does Rut get a 4Star DE falling into their lap 10 days out from NSD

That would never happen to us

Let's not go overboard here. Two guys isn't a lot. And they haven't even landed Clayton yet although it seems likely.

Ford basically rebounded to Rutgers after the Vols pulled his offer because Rutgers was the first team to jump all over him. He hasn't even visited Rutgers yet. Definitely a great prospect but I doubt his recruitment is over.

Good point, I guess it seems like a lot because we are on the brink of being shutout with Clayton, Jake and Stocker. We need some good news by NSD (besides Steven sticking with us, that is certainly great news)

Program on the rise vs one on the decline. As tough as it is to say.

Do you really think that if there wasn't something "wrong" with this kid Butch wouldn't have him signing on NSD. I think RU threw out a lifeline to a kid who had no landing spot 10 days before NSD regardless of the reason UT cut him. Sometimes it is better to take a pass.

Or he already visited RU early, got his Tenn. offer pulled last week and his HS coach is good friends with a RU coach.

Whichever narrative you prefer.

We were saying the opposite not too long ago so hopefully the narrative will change. Right now your statement is painful and accurate