DE Ramar Dennis offered | Syracusefan.com

DE Ramar Dennis offered

We also offered his teammate yesterday. Three star offensive lineman Shawn Curtis.

I like what I see on this video. The kid seems to have good measurables and play with a good motor as well as a decent tackler. Really like the staff extending an offer as he definitely has potential.

Ramar Dennis@RamarDennis8
Question: Why would Ramar Dennis be excited about Illinois & 'Cuse over an actual successful program like UC? What I Found On Google

Well Ramar, what did you find on Google?

"actual successful program like UC"

Just goes to show you that kids have no sense of history. They live in the now.

Ramar Dennis@RamarDennis8
Question: Why would Ramar Dennis be excited about Illinois & 'Cuse over an actual successful program like UC? What I Found On Google

Well Ramar, what did you find on Google?

Wait...he said that? F him

1342214817348.jpg

Ramar Dennis will move from defensive end to linebacker this season

Here’s a few Illinois football recruiting notes.

--- Wrote earlier this week about how Illinois leads for tailback/slot receiver John Armstrong from Olympia High in Orlando. But he’s not the only 2013 prospect from the school the Illini have an interest in. Defensive end/linebacker Ramar Dennis, besides Illinois, Dennis has drawn offers from and is seriously considering Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, Syracuse, Florida Atlantic and South Alabama. He also has received interest from much of the Big Ten, Head said. At 6-foot-1, 240 pounds, Dennis could project as a defensive end or outside linebacker in college. “He’s a stud,” Head said. Both Curtis and Dennis are hoping to make visits to Illinois at some point.
IHQ

Back up to MR NYC or are we looking to bring two in?

I think he is farther down the list ... we want his teammate Curtis bad

Are we still in on Dennis? I just ask because FAU is all over him which indicates we may have stopped the process with him.

This has to be a good sign, right?

View attachment 1695
I think we would like to take

1 OT
1 OG
1 RB
1 DE/OLB
1 CB

I think our board looks like this:

OT
1. Jaylen Hunter
2. Chongo Kondolo
OG
1. Alex Hayes
2. Dionte Savage
RB
1. Laray Smith
2. Nico Gambill
DE/OLB
1. Ebo Ogundeko
2. Ramar Dennis
CB
1. Boaz Joseph
2. Travon Reid

My guess is we take one from each position. If we don't get the kids we want, we can save the schollies for next year, or to add a transfer or two later.

Also would not be surprised at all if some big name comes in late for a visit and ends up committing here. Especially if Syracuse beats West Virginia on Saturday.

I think we would like to take

1 OT
1 OG
1 RB
1 DE/OLB
1 CB

I think our board looks like this:

OT
1. Jaylen Hunter
2. Chongo Kondolo
OG
1. Alex Hayes
2. Dionte Savage
RB
1. Laray Smith
2. Nico Gambill
DE/OLB
1. Ebo Ogundeko
2. Ramar Dennis
CB
1. Boaz Joseph
2. Travon Reid

My guess is we take one from each position. If we don't get the kids we want, we can save the schollies for next year, or to add a transfer or two later.

Also would not be surprised at all if some big name comes in late for a visit and ends up committing here. Especially if Syracuse beats West Virginia on Saturday.

Would the staff turn away Ramar if they get Ebo? I'm not sure they would.

Would the staff turn away Ramar if they get Ebo? I'm not sure they would.
They probably would. If they could get Hayes and Savage, they might take both of them as well.

You want to take players in a way that aligns well with your needs and existing distribution of scholarships but if a given player is good enough, you put that aside and take them. Within reason...we wouldn't take 5 DE/OLB types because a) the quality of the players we are involved with at that position isn't high enough and b) it would screw up the roster too much.

An extra player at a position here and there is fine though.

Who are all these hybrd DE/OLB types that Syracuse has supposedly brought in?

stop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom