Class of 2015 - DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook

Right prostrate . Hasn't every NY 4-5 star guy that Cuse has gone after has left us high and dry ? If Wheatley goes all in now , don't you think that would be a boost to the program and help our coaching staff in the recruiting game this year? I'm not trying to dis Wheatley , his father was a great player and did great work while coaching at SU. I'm only concerned with The Orange.

First you indicate that we shouldn't pursue him because he's not a real football player like the high schoolers in Georgia.
Then you say that he should commit right away. To hell with figuring out what is the best school for him.

You should apply for a job with the recruiting department.
At Rutgers.

The chances of getting Wheatley are between1%-10%, it isn't going to happen, better spending the time in the Midwest or South, where our coaches have good contacts.

So TJ's close with Shafer's kid, but we don't have the coach/recruit contact here to be a player? Makes sense.

The chances of getting Wheatley are between1%-10%, it isn't going to happen, better spending the time in the Midwest or South, where our coaches have good contacts.
What is your connection to the SU football staff? I'll be here all day would love to know how those percentages came about.

Last edited:
Wheatley family lived in Fayetteville when they were here just like HCSS family always has - the kid knows HCSS family very well. Wheatley Sr also understands the benefit of being a big fish in a small pond can get you to the NFL aka Jones brothers, Pugh, Thomas - Wheatley kid knew these players personally which is HUGE. Also the ACC puts more players in the NFL, besides SEC, than any other conference.

Finally Wheatley senior knows HCSS will take special care of his kid while in college as well as on the field. Chances are really good imo we get him.

Last edited:

Where does this percentage come from? If it isn't going to happen, then why not zero? Better spending time in the MW or South where our coaches have good contacts???? The SU coaching staff couldn't ask for better "contacts" then they have with TJ. The Wheatley family absolutely loved Syracuse Football and their time here.

It'll be tough to overcome UM, and now the other names, but people shouldn't read your post and think it has merit.

Last edited:
Wheatley family lived in Fayetteville when they were here just like HCSS family always has - the kid knows all the coaches and HCSS family very well. They also understand the benefit of being a big fish in a small pond can get you to the NFL aka Jones brothers, Pugh, Thomas - Wheatley knew these players personally. Also the ACC puts more players in the NFL, besides SEC, than any other conference.

Finally Wheatley senior knows HCSS will take special care of his kid while in school as well as on the field. Chances are really good imo we get him.

Absolutely, Chakka. I'd be shocked if he goes to a random big name school. If he goes to another school, it will be, IMO, Mich or Alabama. However, everything you said is true and there's even more, too. I don't know much what's transpired in in the last 8-9 months but during last spring and the months before, we were right there.

Wheatley family lived in Fayetteville when they were here just like HCSS family always has - the kid knows HCSS family very well. Wheatley Sr also understands the benefit of being a big fish in a small pond can get you to the NFL aka Jones brothers, Pugh, Thomas - Wheatley kid knew these players personally which is HUGE. Also the ACC puts more players in the NFL, besides SEC, than any other conference.

Finally Wheatley senior knows HCSS will take special care of his kid while in college as well as on the field. Chances are really good imo we get him.
If HCDM & staff survive & or if the Wheatley's stay in Buffalo, then it's not a bad ride to see their son play ball in the fall. As you pointed out if HCSS is still here the Wheatley's will have security in knowing their boy is being looked after in all aspects of life.

And you know this because?

i imagine if we have a good season, our recruiting could really pick up.

I knew Wheatley throughout HS, and know many of his friends. He's a great kid if I had to be honest and give my own unofficial probability of him coming here... I'd say it's...

Between 10-25% which is not bad, it can only improve with a solid season by Syracuse.

Again, clearly I'm not involved with the team, I'm sure bnoro will be the first to tell me to get out ;)

The kids got fire, I'm sure he'll want to go somewhere to make an impact. I'd be surprised if he picked Cuse, but it's not impossible by any means.

Looking back at this thread, before it went haywire with the machinations of loose blondes and the future of SUNY Buff State football, DCCuse seemed to have the juiciest of insider morsels. I'm surprised no one has tried to get more of those beans spilled...and I daresay, yes, I'm trying now...

Wheatley visited USC and UCLA this week where he said USC was one of his best visits. Going to Miami and Wisconsin next and then make a top 7 around June.

Sounds like most schools want him at TE. I believe we were recruiting him as a DE

Anyone know if we are still in or still an outside shot at Tyronne? Been awhile since I heard anything, Know we are a longshot at best, but don't want to give up on this kid yet! :)

@SamWebb77
2015 Buffalo (N.Y.) TE/DE Tyrone Wheatley Jr. has narrowed his list (In no order) to Alabama, USC, UCLA, Michigan, and Miami.

Whitey23 said:
@SamWebb77 2015 Buffalo (N.Y.) TE/DE Tyrone Wheatley Jr. has narrowed his list (In no order) to Alabama, USC, UCLA, Michigan, and Miami.

Wow, big surprise. Kid must have an ego the size of (pick a large lake or ocean).

Once his father left for the Bills, Cuse had no chance with TWJr.

Don't be surprised if he ends up back in Central NY in a few years...

But I'm a moron for saying we had little to no chance.