Class of 2021 - DE Tunmise Adeleye (FL) Portal from Mich St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Tunmise Adeleye (FL) Portal from Mich St

Offers from Ohio St, TAMU, LSU, Oklahoma, Bama, Florida, Notre Dame, UGA, FSU, USC, Syracuse

Was at Obra D. Tompkins HS in Katy TX. Now at IMG Academy in FL

Any insight texascpa

Let me check with one of my buddies. We both know someone who's son is on the Thompkins squad and used to coach against us in youth football. My buddy keeps in contact with him. I'll see what he can find out.

So, apparently there's lots of conjecture why this kid is moving to IMG. Most of it is "getting close to the business side of athletics".

How many more spots at the inn for DL? Regardless I want this guy. I want as many big uglies on both sides. That’s the most important thing for our immediate success clearly, let’s see what happens

How many years of eligibility does he have left? 2 or 3?
From what I can tell 2 years:

2021 - Texas A&M - Did not Play (Redshirt)
2022 - Texas A&M - 3 Games (RF)
2023 - Mich St - 6 Games (RS)

He started the first 2 games of 2022 for Texas A&M, got injured, and then never got his spot back.

This article makes it sound like his 2022 season for Texas A&M ended early due to the injury.

https://michiganstate./news/michigan-state-feels-like-a-breath-of-fresh-air-for-dl-tunmise-adeleye

Sounds like a kid though with the right mindset based on the Rivals article. But he did ultimately leave the Michigan St team in October and is now in the portal, I'm not sure the reasoning there but definitely sounds like a reclamation project.

Was a 5 star at Rivals, top 25 recruit in the 2021 class. He was an Edge in HS primarily but at 6'4 290 now I think he would be considered interior, which we definitely need at least one more of.

1704215245528.png

Good enough to play in the first 3 games of his redshirt frosh year at A&M and picking up a couple tackles a game until his injury hit. Now he is another year further removed from that injury. With the ERob connection this seems like a very likely get to me. We need DT's with this type of size. I would guess he could probably add another 5-10 lbs before the fall as well.

Last edited:
Wonder if he’d be able to get a medical redshirt for 2022? Either way would be a nice add and having multiple years of eligibility is a big plus.

Wonder if he’d be able to get a medical redshirt for 2022? Either way would be a nice add and having multiple years of eligibility is a big plus.
I would think so. So potentially has 3 years left. Important though to understand why he left Mich St.'s team in October this year.

I would think so. So potentially has 3 years left. Important though to understand why he left Mich St.'s team in October this year.
Because the coaching mess or he wasn't happy there and used the coaching mess as cover to leave

Hopefully there is some ERob outreach with a new Syracuse AHC/DC handle.

Don't think that is possible to get a medical redshirt unless his redshirt year in 2021 was also due to injury.

Last edited:
Don't think that is possible he gets a medical redshirt unless his redshirt year in 2021 was also due to injury.
Yeah that's a good point, I forgot that if you RS once it gets sticky.

Yeah that's a good point, I forgot that if you RS once it gets sticky.
(TUNMISE ADELEYE) PORTAL FROM MICHIGAN STATE ( tun-MEE-shay uh-DELL-ay)
#94 / 6' 4" 290 / 4.91 40 / 4.58 SH / 29" VJ/ 300 BP / 185 BP REPS 35 / DL 4 STAR**** AS A TRANSFER AND PROSPECT
GC15_8dWMAACW_W

Michigan State football defensive lineman Tunmise Adeleye hasn’t been with the program since October, and now he is officially moving on, entering the NCAA transfer portal on Tuesday.
Adeleye transferred to MSU from Texas A&M this year after joining the Aggies as a highly ranked recruit in 2021.
His last played game for the Spartans was against Michigan.

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM/FROM OBRA D TOMPKINS HS, KATY, TX> played at 6'4" 255 EDGE

AGILE
VERY FAST ACROSS LOS
TACKLING SKILLS ARE AMAZING
VERY STRONG/POWERFUL
SUNDAYS

2023 SEASON (REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE): Tallied nine tackles with 2.0 tackles for loss (7 yards) and 1.0 sack (4 yards), with one QB hurry in six games, logging 157 snaps . . . notched one tackle in 14 snaps in Michigan game . . . was in on 20 snaps in Rutgers game, posting one stop and one QB hurry . . . started Iowa game at defensive end and notched one tackle in playing 37 snaps . . . tallied two tackles in Maryland game, playing 38 snaps . . . did not play in Washington game due to an injury . . . recorded two tackles with 1.5 TFL (5 yards) and 1.0 sack (4 yards) in playing 25 snaps in game 2 vs. Richmond . . . made Spartan debut with two tackles, including 0.5 tackle for loss, in logging 23 snaps in season-opener vs. Central Michigan . . . transferred from Texas A&M and joined the Spartan program in January 2023.

2022 SEASON (REDSHIRT FRESHMAN AT TEXAS A&M): Recorded six tackles in three games of action . . . started the first two games of the season (vs. Sam Houston State and Appalachian State) . . . credited with five tackles and a half tackle for loss vs. App State . . . played a total of 64 snaps on defense

2021 SEASON (FRESHMAN AT TEXAS A&M): Redshirted; enrolled in January 2021 at Texas A&M and participated in spring practice.

HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA: Named an Under Armour All-American . . . rated a five-star prospect by Rivals and a four-star by ESPN and 247Sports . . . named to the Rivals250 (No. 25) and ESPN300 (No. 42) as one of the best overall players in the nation . . . rated one of the top defensive ends in the country by Rivals (No. 3) and ESPN (No. 6) . . . listed among the best overall prospects in the state of Texas in the Class of 2021 by ESPN (No. 5), Rivals (No. 7) and 247Sports (No. 14) . . . unanimous first-team all-district honoree as a sophomore and junior . . . did not play in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic . . . compiled 45 tackles and three sacks as a junior . . . tallied 53 tackles and eight sacks as a sophomore . . . played for Coach Todd McVey at Tompkins High School . . . son of Pamela Adeleye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom