Dear ACC | Syracusefan.com

Dear ACC

javadoc

All American
If we are going to have one upset this year, then let it be Clemson.

Screw the extra $ we might lose by knocking our conference out of the title games.

After the screw job from the zebras this year - guess we’re not the conference’s favorite son - crumple it up and throw it in their faces.

With a big wagging middle digit.

If SU is close in the 4th like the were 2 years ago the refs under orders from Swofford will make sure to give Clemson a crucial call like that phantom flag when SU had them stopped on 3rd down deep in Clemson territory in a 4th quarter one score game.

Screw the extra $ we might lose by knocking our conference out of the title games.

After the screw job from the zebras this year - guess we’re not the conference’s favorite son - crumple it up and throw it in their faces.

I would love to be their Pitt this year. They can loss to us, still beat Miami in the ACC chip game and still make the final 4.

Seriously.. y'all are falling to lvl fan depths of patheticness.
Syracuse fans when it comes to referees:
upload_2017-10-10_17-20-18.jpeg

If SU is close in the 4th like the were 2 years ago the refs under orders from Swofford will make sure to give Clemson a crucial call like that phantom flag when SU had them stopped on 3rd down deep in Clemson territory in a 4th quarter one score game.

That was the maddest I’ve been in a long time. Throw in the penalties on Shafer...it felt like when Vince McMahon would come out and blatantly screw the fan favorite, except for real.

Seriously.. y'all are falling to lvl fan depths of patheticness.

Yeah, like Clemson bball (and other perennial ACC bottom feeder) fans have never complained about UNC and Duke getting all the calls.

Bad calls happen every game. We’ve been routinely on the wrong side of them more often than not since we joined this league.

And that’s not why we’ve mostly sucked. We would’ve sucked with competent reffing that didn’t lean the other way too. I think we’re being reffed like we suck though, and that’s a problem and it makes it that much harder to overcome.

Last edited:

Was that the one that they never showed a replay of?

You're posting on our board.
This will seem totally wacky to many.

I used to be a die-hard SU hoops fan, going back to the late 70's. I've seen some amazing moments in the Dome like Pearl's halfcourt shot against BC, and Thomspon's ejection in the epic overtime game.

I gave up on hoops, and SU hoops, years ago. Just stopped caring and watching. Don't know the names of any of the recruits, and most of the current players. Don't post on the hoops side. I got sick and tired of investing so much emotion in a game that was so controlled by referees. Way too much discretion, way too much influence on the game. Too many years of watching superior athletes get beat up and "brought down to size" by the "physical" play of lesser thugs in the Big East.

I soured on it, and was done. Never looked back.

Refs, they don't have to be great, just nothing egregious with limited bumbling.

vsWxxRokXfaDK.gif

This will seem totally wacky to many.

I used to be a die-hard SU hoops fan, going back to the late 70's. I've seen some amazing moments in the Dome like Pearl's halfcourt shot against BC, and Thomspon's ejection in the epic overtime game.

I gave up on hoops, and SU hoops, years ago. Just stopped caring and watching. Don't know the names of any of the recruits, and most of the current players. Don't post on the hoops side. I got sick and tired of investing so much emotion in a game that was so controlled by referees. Way too much discretion, way too much influence on the game. Too many years of watching superior athletes get beat up and "brought down to size" by the "physical" play of lesser thugs in the Big East.

I soured on it, and was done. Never looked back.
All due respect, but I’d say it’s your loss. In a way I almost envy you. I’d probably need rehab to be able to walk away from SU athletics. :confused: ;)
B27F4DE2-E93F-47E1-AB43-B948B18218D9.jpeg

Fortunately it's a playoff. Clemson lost to Pitt at home last year and made it. They could get knocked off by us in the Dome, run the table and still be in.

Fortunately it's a playoff. Clemson lost to Pitt at home last year and made it. They could get knocked off by us in the Dome, run the table and still be in.
...especially after we run the table, knocking off both FSU and Miami in the process ;)