Dear Syracuse Cheerleaders | Syracusefan.com

Dear Syracuse Cheerleaders

Doctor44

2nd String
I love you. I really do. Well at least the females.

Back to my point. Please give up the Go Orange Chant after the first quarter. How about we go with the much more likely to succeed "Let's Go Orange clap clap clap-clap-clap" chant. You get the whole stadium involved and in general it will have a better chance to succeed. It will also be louder because the entire stadium will be involved.

While I'm at it- we need to do something about the Journey Song at the start of the third quarter. The beginning is great, but what you really is the "Don't believin'" part. We never get to it.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

A caring Orange fan

Last edited:
And dear cheer leaders, while your checking off Doc's suggestions, see if you can find someone who knows how to work the scoreboard. It got real old seeing second and eight after every play, regardless of the down or yardage gained/lost. And please wake up the guy who supposed to running the replay machine--would have been nice to see some of the few great plays a second time. Thank you.

If anyone has the ability to contact the cheerleading squad - please pass this along.

Back to my point. Please give up the Go Orange Chant after the first quarter. How about we go with the much more likely to succeed "Let's Go Orange clap clap clap-clap-clap" chant. You get the whole stadium involved and in general it will have a better chance to succeed. It will also be louder because the entire stadium will be involved.

While I'm at it- we need to do something about the Journey Song at the start of the third quarter. The beginning is great, but what you really is the "Don't believin'" part. We never get to it.

Sincerely,

A caring Orange fan
Are we still playing old school rock and jock jams at the games? Ugh.

Sincerely,

A caring Orange fan
If you don't write that to the cheerleading coach (whoever s/he is), I will! I'm serious. The worst plodding chant I've ever had to participate in! As much as I have bitched and moaned about that cheer over the years, I never thought about replacing it with the classic "Let's go orange" chant. You are a genius! PM me if you don't want to follow this up. It could even be a letter to the editor. I will do it if you don't care to.

Love, Beadle

Looking for contact info, other than twitter, as we spead

Looking for contact info, other than twitter, as we spead
I can call the athletics office on Tuesday. I am sure they will be closed on Labor Day. I am seriously considering writing a letter to the editor. What do you think? I would make it nice. I always do.

Please add to the discussion the cheerleaders coming out during basketball games with a microphone. If you need that mic, you're failing.

Yeah, the cheerleaders were the big problem last night. :crazy:
Getting the crowd enthused is important, as is KEEPING the crowd enthused. Nothing saps the enthusiasm more than "Lets. Go. S. U." Bleck. Blah. Yeesh.

If you don't write that to the cheerleading coach (whoever s/he is), I will! I'm serious. The worst plodding chant I've ever had to participate in! As much as I have bitched and moaned about that cheer over the years, I never thought about replacing it with the classic "Let's go orange" chant. You are a genius! PM me if you don't want to follow this up. It could even be a letter to the editor. I will do it if you don't care to.

Love, Beadle
Make sure to mention to stop doing it when we are calling offensive signals.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Make sure to mention to stop doing it when we are calling offensive signals.

Drove me nuts yesterday. The chants that started to swell when we were on offense! Get loud on defense, not offense

Is this where I go to complain about the marching band's worn out musical selections?!

Worst chant ever. If someone can get them to stop doing it (for basketball too) you'd be a hero

Journey? Get rid of that song and replace with Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

"We come from the land of the ice and snow..."

Put the lyrics (which are football-appropriate) on the screen with a "follow the bouncing football"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom