Decision Time coming for acc Ad's | Syracusefan.com

Decision Time coming for acc Ad's

Just spit my IPA all over my laptop. Well done.

And I think we should go to 9 ACC games.

Let Cuse play VT & Miami every year, too.

Read down the right side, more from him. It's never ending comedy. Vin Scully and the story he didn't want to tell - DeCock.

Agree on 9 games and I bet that's SU's vote. Need enough to offset FSU, Clemson, GT, maybe Louisville (the Kentucky game is typically a layup), who will vote 8.

its going to be close maybe espn does something to get the sec 4 to vote for 9?

With the Pac, B1G, and XII going to nine conference games, my concern is that it will be too difficult to get two P5 games each year.

Time to get rid of these stupid divisions. They are arbitrary and were set up for competitive balance only - clearly they are not serving their intended purpose in 2016 and haven't been for years now. The ACC will hopefully be division-less within 5 years. Delaney thwarted us this time, but I think other conferences will come around to the idea that requiring divisions for a conference title game is nonsense.

As for the scheduling vote, 4 schools definitely have a problem with 9 league games - FSU, Clemson, UL, GT. Unfortunately for them, 10 schools will have a headache trying to fill 2 P5 non-conference games every year, especially with the majority of P5 schools playing 9 conference games already.

I think, and I hope, the ACC implements a 9 game schedule - almost everyone else does it already, suck it up Clemson. I want SU in a league where they actually play all of the other schools and visit places like Chapel Hill and Charlottesville more than once a decade.

Time to get rid of these stupid divisions. They are arbitrary and were set up for competitive balance only - clearly they are not serving their intended purpose in 2016 and haven't been for years now. The ACC will hopefully be division-less within 5 years. Delaney thwarted us this time, but I think other conferences will come around to the idea that requiring divisions for a conference title game is nonsense.

As for the scheduling vote, 4 schools definitely have a problem with 9 league games - FSU, Clemson, UL, GT. Unfortunately for them, 10 schools will have a headache trying to fill 2 P5 non-conference games every year, especially with the majority of P5 schools playing 9 conference games already.

I think, and I hope, the ACC implements a 9 game schedule - almost everyone else does it already, suck it up Clemson. I want SU in a league where they actually play all of the other schools and visit places like Chapel Hill and Charlottesville more than once a decade.
I don't claim to know how to do it but I'd like some sort of 3-5-5 or rotating something or other which kind of looks like divisions (which might change from one year to another). Something that technically meets the stupid requirements recently imposed on the ACC by the B1G. F them.

Injuries to the offensive line has Syracuse looking for a way to open holes - DeCock

Why is Syracuse's offense limited to quick spurts? - DeCock

Who will provide backside pursuit? - DeCock

Other than football, what does Addazio like best? - DeCock

What was Brian Kelly's nickname in high school? - DeCock

After the motorcycle accident, what does Petrino ride now? - DeCock

We have to hire this guy to write for syr.com.

If you get rid of divisions then can you still have a title game... actually scratch that as I believe the big 12 is able to have a title game with just 9 teams and zero divisions. But really if you're not going to have divisions the title game is even stupider than it is today and it REALLY turns into nothing buy a money grab.

If you get rid of divisions then can you still have a title game... actually scratch that as I believe the big 12 is able to have a title game with just 9 teams and zero divisions. But really if you're not going to have divisions the title game is even stupider than it is today and it REALLY turns into nothing buy a money grab.
You can't do a championship game without divisions unless the conference plays a full round robin schedule.

You can't do a championship game without divisions unless the conference plays a full round robin schedule.

Actually that is why you have a championship game, because they wouldn't be able to have a round robin. One division... one conference and you have the two best teams in the ACC Championship game.

Chip, Millhouse and their foundation of a lifelong friendship - DeCock

The first online article about us since, oh, 1999?

This one might be better for my reputation.

The first online article about us since, oh, 1999?

This one might be better for my reputation.

Pitch & Catch: The saga of Chiphouse - DeCock

(I could do this all day but I'll try not to)

Actually that is why you have a championship game, because they wouldn't be able to have a round robin. One division... one conference and you have the two best teams in the ACC Championship game.
Yes, but that is not currently allowed.

I like OOC games so I prefer staying at 8. Then again, I liked when conferences were small enough to have a round robin in football and double round robin in basketball. I get the arguments for moving to 9. I'll watch either way so I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm waiting for a time when we have super conferences with 8 team divisions that feel like their own mini-conference.

Other than football, what does Addazio like best? - DeCock

What was Brian Kelly's nickname in high school? - DeCock

After the motorcycle accident, what does Petrino ride now? - DeCock

We have to hire this guy to write for syr.com.
One issue that needs to be corrected for Syracuse is holding - DeCock
Will the injury to Dungey's throwing hand affect his ability to grip - DeCock
Syracuse has new white pants to show off - DeCock

Last edited:
What does Detroit Lions director of research Randy Edsall study day and night? - DeCock