Class of 2014 - Decommits? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Decommits?

GFTakedown

2nd String
When was the last recruit that decommitted on SU in basketball. I know there were some silent verbals in the past and some not qualifies but true decommits.

Looking at Louisville, I see that they lost 2 top 10 point guards in a 6 month period while still recruiting others. Snyder decommits when Lyle committed and word is that Lyle decommits when Whitehead was being heavily pursued.

I am happy that SU coaches shift their recruiting once they hit their needs for each year. If they receive a commit after the fact then it is icing on the cake but their focus always seems to be solidifying the key components and then moving on.

When was the last recruit that decommitted on SU in basketball. I know there were some silent verbals in the past and some not qualifies but true decommits.

Looking at Louisville, I see that they lost 2 top 10 point guards in a 6 month period while still recruiting others. Snyder decommits when Lyle committed and word is that Lyle decommits when Whitehead was being heavily pursued.

I am happy that SU coaches shift their recruiting once they hit their needs for each year. If they receive a commit after the fact then it is icing on the cake but their focus always seems to be solidifying the key components and then moving on.

Don't jinx us :)

They reaped what they sowed. Lyle did the right thing but coaches like Pitino and Squid will never learn to act with integrity.

Last one that should've decommitted was Josh Wright. Add Dayshawn Wright into that mix too.

I think Josh Wright was [by edit, tu Sliding] a transfer. And Dayshawn was also a transfer.

Last edited:
I think Josh Wright was an academic non-qualifier. Ineligibility voids the committment. And Dayshawn was a player who transferred.

Josh Wright didn't decommit, he transferred (to the Ottawa Gee-Gees, interestingly enough). Are you thinking of Tiki Mayben, he of the unibrow and Binghamton Bearcats scandal?

Josh Wright didn't decommit, he transferred (to the Ottawa Gee-Gees, interestingly enough). Are you thinking of Tiki Mayben, he of the unibrow and Binghamton Bearcats scandal?

Omg, you're right. Great call. Josh did play for us... and Tiki (I think) was from Utica? I fixed my post (and gave you credit).

Omg, you're right. Great call. Josh did play for us... and Tiki (I think) was from Utica? I fixed my post (and gave you credit).

No, Josh Wright was from Utica, and Tiki Mayben was from Troy.

Tiki didn't qualify.

Yep, I was thinking that Josh was the academic casualty, but it was Tiki.
He then ran a drug operation in binghamton
Dodged a bullet.

He then ran a drug operation in binghamton
Dodged a bullet.

Are you saying that literally (i.e., he "dodged a bullet" as a pusher), or figuratvely (we did as a program)? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom