Dennis Dodd is a clown. Kid's great question | Syracusefan.com

Dennis Dodd is a clown. Kid's great question

cmr27

All Conference
SI for Kids had an 11-year old ask Frank Martin a question after the SC game.

Here's what he asked:

"Your team clearly won the defensive battle tonight. When you coach and teach your team defense, what’s more important, technique or attitude?"

Apparently, Dennis Dodd is a squish. Dodd and some other journalist flipped out that a kid was asking a question. Dodd called it "an insult to the profession." Well...

I'm posting this because Newhouse should offer this kid right now. That's the single best question I've ever heard from a post-game presser. It perfectly encapsulates the man v zone debate at Syracuse for the last two decades and transfers well to anyone's career of choice outside sports. I'd pay money to hear Belichick, Popovich and Joe Madden answer the same question.

Martin's answer here:

FRANK MARTIN: First of all, a lot of respect to you. That’s a heck of a question. I’ve been doing this a long time and that’s the first time anyone’s ever asked me that. That’s a heck of a question. Attitude comes first. We got to have guys that are going to believe in our mission, that are going to believe in what we want to do. Once they believe, then we can teach them the technique. It all starts with our mindset. We have got guys that are completely bought into what we do.

http://deadspin.com/sportswriters-whine-about-kid-reporter-asking-legitimat-1793640296

Last edited:
SI for Kids had an 11-year old ask Frank Martin question after the SC game.

Here's what he asked:

"Your team clearly won the defensive battle tonight. When you coach and teach your team defense, what’s more important, technique or attitude?"

Apparently, Dennis Dodd is a squish. Dodd and some other journalist flipped out that a kid was asking a question. Dodd called it "an insult to the profession." Well...

I'm posting this because Newhouse should offer this kid right now. That's the single best question I've ever heard from a post-game presser. It perfectly encapsulates the man v zone debate at Syracuse for the last two decades and transfers well to anyone's career of choice outside sports. I'd pay money to hear Belichick, Popovich and Joe Madden answer the same question.

Martin's answer here:

FRANK MARTIN: First of all, a lot of respect to you. That’s a heck of a question. I’ve been doing this a long time and that’s the first time anyone’s ever asked me that. That’s a heck of a question. Attitude comes first. We got to have guys that are going to believe in our mission, that are going to believe in what we want to do. Once they believe, then we can teach them the technique. It all starts with our mindset. We have got guys that are completely bought into what we do.

http://deadspin.com/sportswriters-whine-about-kid-reporter-asking-legitimat-1793640296

Great question and great answer. One that applies outside of sports as well.

These sports writers cover stories about athletes sticking their foot in their mouth so much, you would think they would learn.

Anyone can be taught.
coached enough sports that I dont think this is true.. I do hope that at the college level its mostly true. then again I see pro's who still make HS mistakes over and over.

It's 99% attitude and 50% technique! Anyway that's what Yogi sort of said.

...only if they're willing to learn. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to help someone that's not willing to help themselves.
I think that's the attitude part that Frank Martin requires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom