Denver Gameday... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Denver Gameday...

That’s gonna haunt Stevens.

Now to prepare for all the trolls to descend and give some H0T Takes.

Ya thats one he almost always finishes. Tough to see him miss everything there. Par for the course today though.

Absolute garbage refs. How many penalties can you miss.

Two questionable goals that there wasn’t enough evidence to overturn.

Multiple pipes.

A few missed close ones. Stevens has to cash that one at the end.

Out hustled on ground balls.

Dropped passes.

Seemingly no urgency.

Everything just seemed to go Denver’s way.

We’ll be fair mark let some weak goals in also. Can’t have them score at end of 3qtr when shot clock is low. Mullen right into goalie on one on one many post just can’t play sloppy all game n try to comeback in final mins vs good teams. Great effort by the boys still making same dumb mistakes n poor turnovers. Our shooting today was horrible. I also said it yesterday denver gives ya that outside shot and we scored on few but didn’t try it often. Have to be able to hit outside shots to open the middle. Denver also slowed game down to their pace.

I don’t watch as much lacrosse as a lot of you. Is it normal for 1:30 left in the game and the head coach is just walking around during a timeout? I get the offensive coordinator is drawing something up but the coach isn’t involved at all? Even to give some words of encouragement or pep talk to fire the guys up for the last 1:30?

Gait (no idea why I initially wrote desk) is starting to bring in the talent but he leaves a lot to be desired as a coach. Team plays sloppy and undisciplined. Denver just wanted it more today. Their intensity killed us. They got the ground balls, 50/50 balls, and didn’t get lazy with the little things.

Last edited:
We’ll be fair mark let some weak goals in also.
at least two easy stops rolled in after initial stops. he started slow again and put us in a hole we never dug out of.

Rough game overall. DU was the more effective team today. Lots of disappointing moments, but nice to see SU show some life at the end.

Can we take a step forward next year?

I don’t watch as much lacrosse as a lot of you. Is it normal for 1:30 left in the game and the head coach is just walking around during a timeout? I get the offensive coordinator is drawing something up but the coach isn’t involved at all? Even to give some words of encouragement or pep talk to fire the guys up for the last 1:30?

Desko is starting to bring in the talent but he leaves a lot to be desired as a coach. Team plays sloppy and undisciplined. Denver just wanted it more today. Their intensity killed us. They got the ground balls, 50/50 balls, and didn’t get lazy with the little things.
I think you meant Gait not Desko :cool:

Desko is starting to bring in the talent but he leaves a lot to be desired as a coach. Team plays sloppy and undisciplined. Denver just wanted it more today. Their intensity killed us. They got the ground balls, 50/50 balls, and didn’t get lazy with the little things.
Gary is a delegater, I've got no problem, he's not a micromanager coach and trusts and believes in who he has hired to run the O and D. You'll see some successful basketball coaches let the assistants run the Xs and Os during TOs. I'm sure he encouraged them after the assistant coach was done.

Last edited:
Denver didn’t even try to play offense really that 4th n we didn’t show them was a mistake. Their first playoff experience n was tough one. Hopefully next year they finally correct the poor turnovers on simple passes.

Denver didn’t even try to play offense really that 4th n we didn’t show them was a mistake. Their first playoff experience n was tough one. Hopefully next year they finally correct the poor turnovers on simple passes.

They bet that they could run 80 seconds off the clock on every possession and that we wouldn't score 10.

They won the bet. THIS time.

Ya thats one he almost always finishes. Tough to see him miss everything there. Par for the course today though.
I don't think a lot of fans realize how often those missed shots are due to defensive pressure and frustration. Credit to Denver IMO.

I think you meant Gait not Desko :cool:
1716144466683.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom