Depth Chart for Wake | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart for Wake

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Dqr2rzqXQAEEl6e.jpg

Stephen Bailey
Syracuse’s Week 10 depth chart (Wake Forest): co-starters listed at running back, linebacker and nose tackle. As mentioned in my AM notebook, Josh Black made his first start of the year at NT against N.C. State.

Also see freshman WR Taj Harris listed as a standalone starter for the first time this year. He’s started the last two games and saw the clear majority of action at outside receiver opposite Jamal Custis on Saturday.

Game 9 and all of our starters are still starting. No major injuries. Man, that in of itself seems like a huge accomplishment.

You ain't kidding, one of those rare years when injuries have really been at a minimum. Usually were on our third string guard or 4th cb by this point.

Does N. Johnson return punts when Riley is sent in to block them around the end? Am referring to the running into the punter penalty.

I'd rather see Shy in that role b/c he has the experience of knowing that angle to rush and is a little bit taller.

Also, seems that Black has gained ground with/evened it up with Williams? I like the competition for reps. I felt our DLine has been getting a pass when it comes to stopping the run. It's not all up the LB'ers.

And lastly, I liked the looks when on obvious passing down we went with 3 down-lineman. Can always "blitz" a 4th or even send 2.

Stephen Bailey
Syracuse’s Week 10 depth chart (Wake Forest): co-starters listed at running back, linebacker and nose tackle. As mentioned in my AM notebook, Josh Black made his first start of the year at NT against N.C. State.

Also see freshman WR Taj Harris listed as a standalone starter for the first time this year. He’s started the last two games and saw the clear majority of action at outside receiver opposite Jamal Custis on Saturday.
Harris should be starter. Great player and getting better

Game 9 and all of our starters are still starting. No major injuries. Man, that in of itself seems like a huge accomplishment.

It really is a minor miracle. It’s a big reason we have been able to have such success. We were due .

Does N. Johnson return punts when Riley is sent in to block them around the end? Am referring to the running into the punter penalty.

I'd rather see Shy in that role b/c he has the experience of knowing that angle to rush and is a little bit taller.

Also, seems that Black has gained ground with/evened it up with Williams? I like the competition for reps. I felt our DLine has been getting a pass when it comes to stopping the run. It's not all up the LB'ers.

And lastly, I liked the looks when on obvious passing down we went with 3 down-lineman. Can always "blitz" a 4th or even send 2.
It's a lesson players learn about making sure they don't get a roughing the kicker call. I am sure Shy learned never to do it again after it happened to him that one time.

Ravian was awful quiet last game after catching the game winner in the UNC game.

Shy is all over that list, the second coming of Diamond Ferri?

He wasn't on the field a lot because of the 4 WR 1 RB package they went with.