Devito and 5 others now enrolled | Syracusefan.com

Devito and 5 others now enrolled

What's fun is that everyone is excited for a different person. DE is young and didn't do much last year. Berry has a chance to bulk up and get himself in position to play.

What's fun is that everyone is excited for a different person. DE is young and didn't do much last year. Berry has a chance to bulk up and get himself in position to play.
I agree, just as excited for him. Gives him more time to get more physically and mentally prepared. We need his speed rush ability. We didnt have that last year.

Any reason why the staff won't look at Coley at RB? I'd heard that he was being brought in as a DB, but surprisingly things are looking better at DB at the moment and RB seems kind of up for grabs. I've heard that he's a pretty dynamic runner.

Any reason why the staff won't look at Coley at RB? I'd heard that he was being brought in as a DB, but surprisingly things are looking better at DB at the moment and RB seems kind of up for grabs. I've heard that he's a pretty dynamic runner.
Maybe they will. But there's also a need to let guys red-shirt and develop. Coley seems like a prime candidate to do that.

While RS has its advantages it shouldn't be because of weight and strength these kids have from December to august that's 7 months if you can't gain 20-30 lbs than I ? Your work ethic and desire

One thing that confuses me about a lot of the SU football fans is that they think that if the kid doesn't start at a freshman it is a waste. It's not a good thing to have freshman starting constantly. I'm hoping we don't have to start freshman.

In the case of Coley there is no reason to "try" him at RB. If his career is.. sits the bench freshman.. special teams and back up sophomore.. and starts and JR and SR then he will have a very successful career. Plus he lives in a SU household I'm pretty sure they know where his talents will best translate.

Also, you can't redshirt everyone or you will run out of scholarships. The whole "give him a redshirt and give him a year to get bigger" can not be the answer for every recruit. It's not a bad thing to have to be a back up for a year or 2. The give Womack a red shirt people drove me crazy.

One thing that confuses me about a lot of the SU football fans is that they think that if the kid doesn't start at a freshman it is a waste. It's not a good thing to have freshman starting constantly. I'm hoping we don't have to start freshman.

In the case of Coley there is no reason to "try" him at RB. If his career is.. sits the bench freshman.. special teams and back up sophomore.. and starts and JR and SR then he will have a very successful career. Plus he lives in a SU household I'm pretty sure they know where his talents will best translate.

Also, you can't redshirt everyone or you will run out of scholarships. The whole "give him a redshirt and give him a year to get bigger" can not be the answer for every recruit. It's not a bad thing to have to be a back up for a year or 2. The give Womack a red shirt people drove me crazy.

huh? I actually see the opposite, I see way too many assume that freshmen must redshirt (or it's a disservice if they don't). I say let the best play.

Lineman with very few exceptions should RS. Rbs play as frosh same as wr. I like Rs on Lbs and Qbs.