Devotion | Syracusefan.com

Devotion

upperdeck

Living Legend
Another one of those War stories lost to time 70+ yrs ago in the Korean war.

Not a super high budget movie but the story is worth knowing about

Pretty well done. Very touching

Very excited to see this one. I do find it funny that the one main character was also a fighter pilot in the new top gun. Type-casted much?

of course top gun was filmed in 2018-19 and just came out. so this one in 2021 so who knows . It may have helped him that he was the right ageish for the pilot and also had some great experience in filming flying scenes.

the cameras they create for top gun were used in the filming as where about 5 real corsairs. A real Mig and Bearcat as well

I believe he actually executive produced this or coproduced it, so he wasn’t exactly cast, he probably just did it pro-bono to get his movie made. He must be a big Navy Aviation buff because he is also currently producing a documentary about the Blue Angels.

I went to see this film, it was ok, but I felt like they didn’t really develop the characters much beyond some surface stuff. Especially Jesse. I don’t really feel that we got to know him much and the relationship between him and Hudner never seemed to get past a sort of non confrontational, but bemused/strained distance. The airplane scenes were some good, some meh. If it was CGI with the Corsairs, it was well done CGI, not super cartoonish.

they had 5 corsairs and a MIG and some other random planes to shoot scenes with so for sure some CGI was done to protect those planes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom