Who do you tend to fear most? | Syracusefan.com

Who do you tend to fear most?

Nicknack

All Conference
Before the UNC game, I told my wife (a big Duke fan unfortunately) that while Duke is a very tough team for us to beat, UNC is a bigger obstacle. After our win, that got me thinking, was I right in saying that? Short answer... not really, but it's a mixed bag. Also, I kind of forgot about Virginia at the time.

We actually have a slightly better overall record against UNC than I originally thought (7-17). Also, the last seven times we've faced them, we've done okay (but let's not talk about the 103-67 drubbing). During this stretch, they've won 4 to our 3, and one of their wins was in OT.

Duke has been ugly as of late, I mean real ugly. We've lost the last 9 games (I didn't realize it had become that lopsided). Virginia isn't much better, with only one win in our last 11 matchups. Looking at three teams that have mostly owned us - UNC, Duke, and Virginia...

UNC
Overall Record: 7 wins, 17 losses
Home: 3-5
Road: 0-7
Conference: 3-11

Duke
Overall Record: 6 wins, 16 losses
Home: 2-5
Road: 2-6
Conference: 4-11

Virginia
Overall Record: 6 wins, 14 losses
Home: 2-6
Road: 2-6
Conference: 2-12
* one interesting point (although maybe not terribly surprising) is that our average number of points against them is 60! Against Duke (70 points), and UNC (74 points).

Moving forward with Red as head coach, it will be interesting to see if we can play these three teams more competitively, particularly Duke and Virginia. My guess is yes.

Carnies

qX0Sw4.gif

Before the UNC game, I told my wife (a big Duke fan unfortunately)

*Blah blah bal

Duke has been ugly as of late, I mean real ugly.
No matter how we hate the top tier blue blood program in the conference.

Dont tell your Puke fan wife "You are Ugly" , just in case.

Then we(Syracuse) are good

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

I don't think FDR would fear any of the three.

Attachments

• 81a8TaNRgxL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    81a8TaNRgxL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online