Did I hear Sala correctly | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Did I hear Sala correctly

I think they will absorb reflected sound better than the metal benches, so in a mostly empty arena, there should be less reflected sound and it PA announcements, interviews, etc should be clearer and easier to hear.

In a mostly empty arena, crowd noise should be a somewhat reduced.

As the size of crowds increase, it should have little or no impact.

I think the visual impact, especially when the dome is empty or when there are small crowds, will be really noticable.

Regarding the seats, I believe there are two classes of seats. One for outdoor facilities and one for indoors facilities. Seats for outdoor facilities need to be more heavy duty. They need to handle direct exposure to the sun, they need to hold up to extreme cold and direct prolonged exposure to ice and snow, etc.

I think these will be fine for our facility.

By the way, I believe they are the same seats used at Kenan Stadium, where UNC plays (except we are using a manly blue where they have that baby blue those people like to frolic in). Kenan is an outdoor stadium but is far enough south that they rarely have to contend with snow and ice.

These have arm rests. I don't believe they all do, as I don't remember having them in our the seats me and my group sat in to watch SU get decimated last fall there.

View attachment 240346

And this is what the seats look like at Hard Rock Stadium, where the University of Miami plays their home football games.

View attachment 240347

I think we chose wisely.

My biggest concern, is I have sat at Keenan stadium which did a reseat and retro fitted individual seats into their stadium from aluminum benches, however the leg space at Keenan stadium in the 100 level was absolutely horrible and was extremely n uncomfortable for me.

Really hoping that we have a little more room in the Dome

But I’m not optimistic

I think the visual impact, especially when the dome is empty or when there are small crowds, will be really noticable.
Was there a study that showed blue was easier on the eyes than silver? I think too much is being made of the impact, unless we’re all closet vampires.

No, a seat back gives you some protection from getting kneed in the back.

Benches can have backs on them (as the ones on the first level did). That doesn't make them a seat.

Was there a study that showed blue was easier on the eyes than silver? I think too much is being made of the impact, unless we’re all closet vampires.

Silver definitely shows more than the navy blue

And yes there has been studies done on it

Look at MetLife Stadium and Superdome

They both used multicolor seats to help hide empty spots

Silver definitely shows more than the navy blue

And yes there has been studies done on it

Look at MetLife Stadium and Superdome

They both used multicolor seats to help hide empty spots
I agree with multicolor, but other than a couple areas we aren’t doing that.

Also gives you some cover from the spilled beer behind you. I've heard such things happen.

Upper deck people unite, let's all drop 10-20-50 lbs before the season starts.

This might be the most underrated aspect of having seats. Even the backs on the benches didn't help prevent this. Nothing worse than the back of your shirt getting wet from a spilled Bud Light three rows back.

This might be the most underrated aspect of having seats. Even the backs on the benches didn't help prevent this. Nothing worse than the back of your shirt getting wet from a spilled Bud Light three rows back.

It's one of the many reasons why I sit in the front row. I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.

My biggest concern, is I have sat at Keenan stadium which did a reseat and retro fitted individual seats into their stadium from aluminum benches, however the leg space at Keenan stadium in the 100 level was absolutely horrible and was extremely n uncomfortable for me.

Really hoping that we have a little more room in the Dome

But I’m not optimistic
I think there is a lot more space between rows in the 100 and 200 levels. Those people should be fine.

The space between rows on the 300 level is tight. I don't think it is quite as tight as Kenan but that space is not changing and I don't think switching what we sit on is going to magically make that tightness go away.

If you are thinking about sitting in the 100/200 levels or the 300 level and leg space is important to you, you might want to focus on 100/200.

Sitting in the middle of an aisle on the 300 level is going to be tough. With individual seats in place, I think it is going to be tough to get there. Everyone already there is going to have to stand up to let you get by.

I expect anyone 6'0 or taller is going to have issues with their knees and the backs of the seats in the row in front of them. The good news is that the seats apparently are always pointing up unless someone is sitting in them so the early arrivers should have no issues getting into and out of the middle of a row.

Benches can have backs on them (as the ones on the first level did). That doesn't make them a seat.

Wah, wah, wah. Having a back is better than not having a back on the seat. Disagree?

Those Miami seats look like bean bag chairs - bet there’s some slip sliding away in the heat - pretty low backs. Wonder how they heat up? Makes a difference whether you slip or stick.

1713899380958.jpeg

I think there is a lot more space between rows in the 100 and 200 levels. Those people should be fine.

The space between rows on the 300 level is tight. I don't think it is quite as tight as Kenan but that space is not changing and I don't think switching what we sit on is going to magically make that tightness go away.

If you are thinking about sitting in the 100/200 levels or the 300 level and leg space is important to you, you might want to focus on 100/200.

Sitting in the middle of an aisle on the 300 level is going to be tough. With individual seats in place, I think it is going to be tough to get there. Everyone already there is going to have to stand up to let you get by.

I expect anyone 6'0 or taller is going to have issues with their knees and the backs of the seats in the row in front of them. The good news is that the seats apparently are always pointing up unless someone is sitting in them so the early arrivers should have no issues getting into and out of the middle of a row.

I think it has since been redone again, but MSG in the 90s did an interior renovation to fit in an extra 2,000 seats for basketball and hockey. It took away all the leg room, and made for an incredibly uncomfortable experience, and I'm not tall at all.

I think it has since been redone again, but MSG in the 90s did an interior renovation to fit in an extra 2,000 seats for basketball and hockey. It took away all the leg room, and made for an incredibly uncomfortable experience, and I'm not tall at all.
Based on my experiences in many BETs, MSG was not great but not awful in terms of leg room.

The worst places I have been to are Kenan Stadium and the Fleet Center in Boston. It might be called something else now, but it is where the Celtics and Bruins play. Just brutal how little leg room they made available.

I know most Boston people are midgets, especially the handful of BC Superfans that still exist. But you have to plan for people from out of town when you build these places.

Does BC have a school of architecture? That could explain this.

Based on my experiences in many BETs, MSG was not great but not awful in terms of leg room.

The worst places I have been to are Kenan Stadium and the Fleet Center in Boston. It might be called something else now, but it is where the Celtics and Bruins play. Just brutal how little leg room they made available.

I know most Boston people are midgets, especially the handful of BC Superfans that still exist. But you have to plan for people from out of town when you build these places.

The mean difference (95% confidence interval) in height −7.318 (5.827–8.809), weight −6.590 (5.100–8.081) and BMI −2.133 (0.6419–3.624) for inbred as compared with non-inbred children were found to be significant (P < 0.001).

Agree on Kenan, was there last fall and the 100 level was really tight- and our product on the field provided a similarly awful experience…

It's one of the many reasons why I sit in the front row. I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.
Spilling it three stories down has more dispersion than spilling three rows down

It's like salt in the kitchen, sprinkle from way above the food

Spilling it three stories down has more dispersion than spilling three rows down

It's like salt in the kitchen, sprinkle from way above the food

Yeah, at that point anyone could have done it.

3 rows and it’s hard not to say “it was that guy”

i'm paying more to get my aisle seats

MSG lower level towards center court/ice currently has NO leg room. One of the worst modern retrofits I've been in and they're hundreds of dollars a game.

its been fascinating to see modern arenas struggle with seating so badly. I wonder if the new Bills place as the same issue. add 3 inches over 200 rows 600x12 thats 50 extra feet of space to build out. But with overhangs is less than that and in the Dome its more like what 75-100 rows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom