Dino - Does he ever HC again? | Syracusefan.com

Dino - Does he ever HC again?

I don't think so.

He didn't become a HC until late in his career. He's relatively young looking, which makes it easy to forget that he's approaching his mid-60s, but at this stage I have difficulty envisioning him going somewhere and having to start from square 1. Also not sure who would hire him at this point. If he drops down a level -- they why bother?

I would guess no, unless he really wants to and is willing to step down to a lower level school. I think KCSU makes a good suggestion. He'd be great on ESPN. He can be the next Corso.

I Say yes. He's going to find a job on the west coast and will do good. There isn't some massive "he failed and he's done" vibe around him. I think someone will want that institutional elegance to their program that Dino can bring. no reason why not.

I Say yes. He's going to find a job on the west coast and will do good. There isn't some massive "he failed and he's done" vibe around him. I think someone will want that institutional elegance to their program that Dino can bring. no reason why not.
He’s kind of painted himself into a corner though about the portal and NIL. According to Dino himself, he can only be successful in one of the bigger programs. And none of those will take him.

I think he takes a position coach job for a buddy of his or something like that in one of his preferred geographic locations for a couple years and then retires or heads to media. Say if UCLA does hire a new coach like everybody is talking about. Seems odd to fire Chip but I guess some of the big boosters are done with him so who knows, maybe San Diego St.

I don't see him as a HC or a coordinator as he doesn't have a ton of experience in that area either. He was an OC for a combined 3 seasons, two different teams over 20 years ago

I don't think so.

He didn't become a HC until late in his career. He's relatively young looking, which makes it easy to forget that he's approaching his mid-60s, but at this stage I have difficulty envisioning him going somewhere and having to start from square 1. Also not sure who would hire him at this point. If he drops down a level -- they why bother?
He'll probably end up on a team that we play sometime in the near future.
They'll beat us badly and then he'll smoke a cigar afterwards. ;)

Institutional elegance? Is that where the NIL was spent?

Maybe go the Keith Jackson route and just do a handful of west coast games a year and enjoy your semi retirement.

He'll take over at Hawai'i when Chang gets canned, run the veer and make them in to something. .

He can coach a MAC team if he wants the grind. Maybe MWC. FCS of course.

50-50 he retired.

If he wants to, some offers will probably be there for him... There's a lot of media stigma around the Syrcuse job that it's a loser gig (hamstrung with poor facilities, inadequate NIL, etc.) so some people will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd be surprised if he did... part-timing doing color for ESPN, etc. seems more feasible.

If it were me I’d be done and enjoy retirement. I have no idea what makes some of these guys tick. Ego? Mack Brown is 72. Eddie Robinso coached until he was 78. Boeheim is 79 and had to be forced out. I guess their job is the most important thing in their lives or they’d be doing something else and spending time with the people who matter most to them.

Yeah, no, he’s done. He’s in his 60’s. I could see him being an asst or an analyst but not a head guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom