Dino Gets Contract Extension !! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Gets Contract Extension !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy. What's awhile? Can't wait for details. Wasn't directed at you. Leave me alone. Let me be happy and hope details come soon.

Don't hold your breath.
Private universities are not required to disclose contract details.
We only just found out this year, what Dino earned 2 years ago.

There won’t be details. SU is a private school. They usually don’t disclose terms.
They ultimately leak out over time. We'll have to wait some.

Some important points to ponder now that HCDB has extended his leadership of Orange Football:

10 - Rutgers is stuck with Ash
9 - UConn is all but relegated to FCS
8 - Pitt will lose next fall
7 - BC is stuck with Meathead
6 - The B1G is stuck with Rutgers
5 - Reader's Choice
4 - Clemson is in the dome next fall
3 - ACC Coastal took a step back in stature (though, they get some credit, too)
2 - ACC Atlantic just got tougher, again (sucks to be Louisville right now)
1 - Syracuse can compete for division, conference and national titles!

There won’t be details. SU is a private school. They usually don’t disclose terms.
I thought the University discloses what its top 5 earners make. Whether that would show his entire contract package amount is dubious.

giphy.gif

I thought the University discloses what its top 5 earners make. Whether that would show his entire contract package amount is dubious.

No, just the current year. But we can make some guesses based on that. We'll know next spring.

Depends on the buyout. I'd assume part of the extension would be to make the buyout even more protective than it is currently.
Buyouts don't mean a damned thing if a wealthy school wants a coach. Exhibit 1: Jimbo Fisher had a huge buyout at FSU. It didn't stop aTm from hiring him.

No, just the current year. But we can make some guesses based on that. We'll know next spring.
No, I know it's current year. What I meant was it may only show his straight salary. Not camps, Radio shows and the like. Whether any booster contributions would appear as salary I have no idea.

They have to make a filing as a non profit for the prior year. So it comes out on a delayed basis. Next year we will know for this past year so we will have to wait another year.

Even then it only shows part of the income and wouldn’t show money paid through another source potentially. So it’s just part of the story. But

Two years later for only the current year. Won’t tell us diddly.

Buyouts don't mean a damned thing if a wealthy school wants a coach. Exhibit 1: Jimbo Fisher had a huge buyout at FSU. It didn't stop aTm from hiring him.

The buyout, though, is really there to protect the school if the coach leaves. If Babers goes, we should have a nice treasure chest to a get top-notch coach.

What a Christmas gift for Dino, SU, the community, and the fans. John Wildhack; the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

Didn't at least the outline of Dino's initial contract package become known pretty early?

That is about as dead-on a Syracuse accent as you can have. He sounds exactly like my uncle. You know Wildhack is one of us.
If I'm to believe what I heard jw say in that interview that a kid in the recruiting classes of 2019-at least 2021 will positively have Dino babers as his coach, or words to that effect, means Dino's here by contract til 2025? That what I heard so that's what I'm going with until given reason to believe otherwise. Woo hoo go Cuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.