Dino - Live on Sportscenter: Wed 12:30 | Syracusefan.com

Dino - Live on Sportscenter: Wed 12:30

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
CvF0NkDWEAA7Zrm.jpg

Anyone watch it?
Yes. They ran the locker room speech again and asked him about it.

Also he said whoever wins BC puts themselves in a good position to go to a bowl.

That's it? nice, but wish it was more...

Our football coach doesn't make Sportscenter every day. I thought the whole thing was rather fawning - talked about the speech going viral, coaching the kids, Babers talked about changing the culture, teaching the kids to be good parent, husblands, etc...it was a recruiting video.

Team really needs a bigger, new locker room in the dome with some more space and higher ceilings.
I had more than one person remark about the high school like locker room. One was from a Dad who has a P5 level HS Sophomore recruit from Florida who has a son interested in sports management/broadcast journalism. I had to explain the locker room will get upgraded with the Dome Renovation and reminded him they only use it 7-8 times a year. I went on to fawn about the Ensley Center and MFH.

I had more than one person remark about the high school like locker room. One was from a Dad who has a P5 level HS Sophomore recruit from Florida who has a son interested in sports management/broadcast journalism. I had to explain the locker room will get upgraded with the Dome Renovation and reminded him they only use it 7-8 times a year. I went on to fawn about the Ensley Center and MFH.
It's definitely an issue, and a painful one given as you said, its only used a few times a year. Not sure why they dont at the very least have the lockers on the outside, at least creating an open area to meet collectively where the coach can address the team unobstructed. There must not be enough space in there. I don't think you need crazy fancy lockers, but the layout certainly needs to be improved.

That's it? nice, but wish it was more...

He said that he is a bit embarrassed by the attention he has received for the speech. He indicated that when a team wins there is normally a celebration in the locker room that is similar to what is depicted on the video. He said that while making the speech he could see in the eyes of his players their excitement over the win.

He was very solid today.

He did Syracuse University proud.

It's definitely an issue, and a painful one given as you said, its only used a few times a year. Not sure why they dont at the very least have the lockers on the outside, at least creating an open area to meet collectively where the coach can address the team unobstructed. There must not be enough space in there. I don't think you need crazy fancy lockers, but the layout certainly needs to be improved.

That was the first thing that caught my attention, but I didn't want my first comment on the video to be negative. They really need an area where he can see every member of the team as he talking to them.

The space in there is really very tight. The configuration would be very difficult to manipulate. The hallways on either side are tight themselves. Even if you opened it up, I don't know if there's enough wall space to accommodate everyone.

It needs a complete reno in the worst way.

The space in there is really very tight. The configuration would be very difficult to manipulate. The hallways on either side are tight themselves. Even if you opened it up, I don't know if there's enough wall space to accommodate everyone.

It needs a complete reno in the worst way.

If Knute Rockne or Sean Astin tried to stand on a stool to give a speech in the Dome locker room, their head would go through the drop tile ceiling.

I hear that some parts of the dome might be getting some renovations - I bet the locker room might be a part of that plan.

That's just it, they have lockers in the middle because they don't have a big enough space to have them all around the perimeter.

I love the line about being consistently good not just occasionally great... Dino really is well spoken and insightful.
This coach gets it. While it may all truly be "from the heart," he is quite literally capitalizing and projecting everything positive about the program. This guy is going to take this football team to great heights. We all just need to remind ourselves to remain patient and continue to show our support for the program. Probably more now than ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom