Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

The $20 tickets have gotten a lot of retweets on Twitter along with the article on Syracuse.com

It seems to be helping with ticket sales in the end zone and sidelines. Will be interesting to see how the Ticketmaster map looks tomorrow afternoon when the box office reopens.

3k alone walk up would be an astronomical number for syracuse, we dont get anywhere near that most games.
We havent been 100 miles from relevancy on a friday night in nearly 20 years. We should be expecting that increase.

We havent been 100 miles from relevancy on a friday night in nearly 20 years. We should be expecting that increase.

I think we all want a packed dome on Friday but I'm just telling you that there's zero chance were getting anywhere close to that walk up number

I think we all want a packed dome on Friday but I'm just telling you that there's zero chance were getting anywhere close to that walk up number
Fair enough

Or just remove about 9500 seats.
You are spot on. Dome renovation needs to cap seating at 40K, making tickets sought after vs. almost giveaways as they are now. Improve comfort for fans and increase ticket price (modestly). People want what they can't have, and there are too many seats to make a Dome game a true "event not to be missed."

SU fans, even in the 80's 90's (when we were consistently battling for Big East championships and big bowls) still only showed up based on how big the opposing team was. Nothing has changed except for a shrinking local CNY population and in recent years a subpar product on the field. I'm actually surprised Cuse has done as well as it has with attendance in recent years. Give it time though, it will come back around. This year's success will help next year's attendance. Always a lag. Dome renovation will help too as it will peak interest in the new facilities.

Winning is fun though, isn't it?!

Let's Go Orange!!!

You are spot on. Dome renovation needs to cap seating at 40K, making tickets sought after vs. almost giveaways as they are now. Improve comfort for fans and increase ticket price (modestly). People want what they can't have, and there are too many seats to make a Dome game a true "event not to be missed."

SU fans, even in the 80's 90's (when we were consistently battling for Big East championships and big bowls) still only showed up based on how big the opposing team was. Nothing has changed except for a shrinking local CNY population and in recent years a subpar product on the field. I'm actually surprised Cuse has done as well as it has with attendance in recent years. Give it time though, it will come back around. This year's success will help next year's attendance. Always a lag. Dome renovation will help too as it will peak interest in the new facilities.

Let's Go Orange!!!
Nope, wait and see what happens after a few years of good football before you cut seating

This x 100. This point has been made multiple times in the weekly attendance threads why people wont or cant understand it is mindboggling

If Louisville wasn't God awful, it would draw. Nothing brings back Syracuse fans quicker than a ranked team playing a ranked team.

College Football’s Growing Problem: Empty Seats

Just saw this article (sorry not sure how to link). Interesting to note Syracuse isn’t the only place having challenges completely filling seats for games. Lots of empty stadiums and even the big guys don’t always fill up. I appreciate the fact Dino wants the whole place filled and it is my belief that if he keeps winning, more folk will make it each week. Hopefully Wildhack is on the one hand telling Dino all the things he is trying to fill it and on the other sharing this is not just a “Cuse” problem. Every time I hear some say “Dino looks at the crowed and is sad” kinda makes me want to say “keep winning Dino and give the area time to find their way back”. It took him 3 years to start winning...we were patient. He should be patient about the fans working their way back.

Let's Go Orange!!!
The dome has been open since 1980. It has sold out exactly 1 time. There is absolutely no need for 49,500 seats.

WF is a perfect example - somewhat of a peer program... 4-4 with a ranked opponent coming into their place... attendance looked BRUTAL.

It’s not Suracuse specific. I think it has much more to do with how we consume entertainment now as a society.

Still 40k+ for the ‘Ville... sneaky good crowd coming.

Nope, wait and see what happens after a few years of good football before you cut seating
Again...the Dome has sold out 1 time in 38 years. There was plenty of good football in those days. It didn't matter.

Again...the Dome has sold out 1 time in 38 years. There was plenty of good football in those days. It didn't matter.
Nope that's misleading, that goes back to having tickets returned by opponents or having a few singles left. The dome has been packed many ,many times in The 90s, I know. I was there.

Dont reduce the dome. There's 6 or 7 home games a year. CNY has plenty of people to pack the Dome. The team hasn't been ranked since 2001. A lot of people think Syracuse football sucks. The Dome is packed for Basketball because they are good. With the renovation and continued success more fans will show up eventually.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Actually, to your population point, the Onondaga County and CNY population has remained mostly constant since 1970, according to the Census Bureau. There are a number of factors that have contributed to lower attendance (subpar on-field performance being a major factor), but local population can't really be used as a factor.

WF is a perfect example - somewhat of a peer program... 4-4 with a ranked opponent coming into their place... attendance looked BRUTAL.

It’s not Suracuse specific. I think it has much more to do with how we consume entertainment now as a society.

Still 40k+ for the ‘Ville... sneaky good crowd coming.

There was a part in the broadcast where they were interviewing a former player, can't recall who. He was saying he just loved being back here, loves the atmosphere during a game. In the background was multiple sections of almost completely empty seats. I chuckled. Misery loves company, but that situation makes our crowd look rabid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom