Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

I agree many are out of touch. One person at our tailgate was arguing with me about how greedy SU is by moving the Notre Dame game to Yankee Stadium. I tried with no luck to explain it is a Notre Dame home game with the biggest hint being it is a Shamrock Series game.

True, ND actually did us a favor moving THEIR home game to a venue in our state and 3 hrs away from campus. i bet ND would like that decision to do over as thet would rather be in south bend vs the cuse with a playoff spot in the line.

The cheap tickets are sold out? The link says offer expired
The link tweeted by Emily Lynch does not work. I just checked the links below and they work fine.

Cuse.com/ThankYou18

MyCuse Account

Last edited:
My point, don't cut capacity unless you know you don't have the support. We did, and we can again

It would just be a better experience with seats, wider concourses, bigger bathrooms and better food at the concession stands. Putting in actual seats reduces capacity by about 4,000. Do it.

If seats are installed throughout the dome (luxury boxes in

The link tweeted by Emily Lynch does not work. I just checked the links below and they work fine.

Cuse.com/ThankYou18

MyCuse Account
I went to your link...not seeing a link to buy for the game. I only see links for away game tickets, Club 44 passes and 2019 season tickets. I even logged in

I went to Cuse.com/ThankYou18 and it is working now.

Also below is a link. Good news the tickets seem to be moving. With the box office opening for the first time after the big win it is going to be interesting to see what happens on the Ticketmaster map.

MyCuse Account

Last edited:
Theres over 1,000,000 new yorkers within 2 hours of the dome’s location.

This area’s is capable. It’ll just take effort now

Actually, the combined metro area populations of Syracuse, Rochester, Utica, and Binghamton contain more than 2.25 million people. Once we are consistently winning again we should be able to pack 2% of those people (45,000) into the Dome at least 4 or 5 times a year.

Last edited:
I drove up 6 hours with my son to catch the NC State game. I hadn't been to the Dome since Marrone's 1st season. The weather was terrible, and the steep walk up to the stadium almost killed me. Once inside, it was a great experience. I was hoping to see it completely full, and yes, I do remember it completely full during the McNabb era, but the place was still rocking. With the renovations planned, people will come as long as the program continues to win. They don't have to win 10 every year, but they can't bottom out like they did with Robinson & Shaffer.

I wonder if off campus stadiums are a advantage and destination in gathering student support..

Students pregame and party at the houses at su and I doubt even half make it to the game. Whereas an off campus location, you’d have tailgate parties

Wake SU attendance was 23,000; about 4-5,000 Syracuse fans were in there. Everyone needs to make this trip. The seats are closer than the dome and most high school stadiums; no track.
We had that many fans there? Wow

I'm not saying it wsn't packed. But if there were 48,000 people there,
#1 you wouldn't see any silver
#2 it isn't a sellout.

I've been to games with 45,000 people. Even at 45,000 you don't notice much silver.
There were definitely sellouts. Not a lot but definitely there were a handful of games that were sold out. This narrative about only 1 sold out game says that the 1987 PSU game wasn't sold out. I was a student at SU and all of the local media outlets at the time were reporting it was standing room only, and that was the case.
There have been other games like that since then.

There were definitely sellouts. Not a lot but definitely there were a handful of games that were sold out. This narrative about only 1 sold out game says that the 1987 PSU game wasn't sold out. I was a student at SU and all of the local media outlets at the time were reporting it was standing room only, and that was the case.
There have been other games like that since then.

We’ve had 7 “sell” outs I believe. We had 4 games with more than 50k (standing room).

I just bought 2 in the corner of the 200 level for 20 each. Didn't realize that the 50 dollar seats there were part of the deal too. That'll bring my total to 10.

Strange, I get invalid code every time I put in THANKYOU18??
1541432001760.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom