Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

SU basketball draws plenty well in sh--y weather in the middle of the winter in the dark. If a fan is using it being dark out as an excuse to not go to a game, then they aren't worth the time of ever trying to get to come to a game, because they will use any excuse possible to not go.

This post isn't directed at you per se, but there is literally an excuse for why fans don't attend games for every single kickoff time. Friday night it's dark out and out of towners can't get there. Noon games suck for tailgating and interfere with apple picking. Blah blah blah. Maybe SU should just schedule games for 2 a.m. That way fans could have legitimate gripes as to why it's inconvenient for them.
I don't disagree, just saying it factors in and that is the reality. Also comparing hoops and Football is apples to oranges on a lot of issues, especially when you discuss SU Hoops and SU Football. I am in the minority though as I don't judge fandom by whether they attend the game or not. I'll be there but if people don't want to attend and would rather watch on TV, that doesn't make them lesser fans IMHO.For some reason our fan base does not flock to football and it is on the school and the Dome to change the mindset, and make people want to come and I also don't think winning is the only thing that needs to happen for people to want to go to games. Sorry.

I don't disagree, just saying it factors in and that is the reality. Also comparing hoops and Football is apples to oranges on a lot of issues, especially when you discuss SU Hoops and SU Football. I am in the minority though as I don't judge fandom by whether they attend the game or not. I'll be there but if people don't want to attend and would rather watch on TV, that doesn't make them lesser fans IMHO.For some reason our fan base does not flock to football and it is on the school and the Dome to change the mindset, and make people want to come and I also don't think winning is the only thing that needs to happen for people to want to go to games. Sorry.
They have to make it an event or social gathering for folks to show around here. I think the shiny new dome will help but in the meantime not sure there is a short term fix.

It has to be because its Friday night, and a god awful opponent. SU just needs to give away the tickets now, do a $10 deal, ANYTHING. It would be disgraceful to have such a bad crowd for Senior Night. My god

If we’re truly <35,000 sold at this point the dome needs to give out 10-20 dollar tickets. This could be awful.

Llooks to me like the 20.00 offer has legs. Lot of gaps in the blue have been made in 24 hours. Three days to go, I'm optimistic.
Give those legs some skates and drop it to two for 30

SU basketball draws plenty well in sh--y weather in the middle of the winter in the dark. If a fan is using it being dark out as an excuse to not go to a game, then they aren't worth the time of ever trying to get to come to a game, because they will use any excuse possible to not go.

This post isn't directed at you per se, but there is literally an excuse for why fans don't attend games for every single kickoff time. Friday night it's dark out and out of towners can't get there. Noon games suck for tailgating and interfere with apple picking. Blah blah blah. Maybe SU should just schedule games for 2 a.m. That way fans could have legitimate gripes as to why it's inconvenient for them.

I know a couple in their mid 70s who have gone to games for 40 years. They no longer do night games. They don’t do b-ball, just f-ball.

this will be the first time this century i have gotten my wife to attend multiple games in a yr.. 3 games in one year and its all because its more fun even though watching on the coach and skipping commercials is her preferred method to watch. My kid and i have to come home and she hasnt even started the game yet so we have to not talk about it.. so much easier when she goes.

Is there somewhere you can donate a few tickets where you know they will be used? I’ll buy a few extras if I knew somebody would go

I've got a buddy of mine who is a student that said "if you know of anybody getting rid of tickets let me know."

Personal note, he doesn't wanna spend $20!? But, I do know somebody who'd use them.

really if stubhub hadnt come along it would probably boost sales by 1-2K on same games. with how easy it is to ask people tickets are given away that never would have happened 15-20 yrs ago and people would have bought what they not expect/hope to get cheap/free

it does make you wonder if people are calling vs just using on line? are the fees different? in some ways its harder to find the box office number and make a call then it is to use ticketmaster? are people want to pick them up and think that makes it easier to call in?

it does make you wonder if people are calling vs just using on line? are the fees different? in some ways its harder to find the box office number and make a call then it is to use ticketmaster? are people want to pick them up and think that makes it easier to call in?

No proccessing fees when you call ornpurchase via the dome directly

It has to be because its Friday night, and a god awful opponent. SU just needs to give away the tickets now, do a $10 deal, ANYTHING. It would be disgraceful to have such a bad crowd for Senior Night. My god

That WVU game in 2011 was a Friday night wasn’t it? That one got 45,000.

Louisville had a pretty successful program in recent years. We didn’t know they would be this bad. Would’ve thought this one would’ve sold better a long time ago, and with our strong play and this being the last home game? Man, I don’t get it.

It is much cheaper to buy from the box office in person at a Ticketmaster venue than over the phone or online. You can save almost 20 dollars per ticket on fees. Which is why hopefully we see a decent push at the basketball game tonight. People not buying online and waiting till in person at the dome tonight.

Give every business hotel restaurant bar in the city 20 tickets and have them use them as a promo. Give every professor. Give every HS...
Give every high school kid who is in a bar and has seen YouTube videos of ‘the professor...’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom