Dino on ACC Huddle | Syracusefan.com

Dino on ACC Huddle

I'm a Dino until he retires guy. I honestly don't think we can do better than him. I know we've had mixed results in his tenure but he's a coach I can proudly support. Give him credit for his evolution and finding new and different ways to win than what had worked in the past. Love him.

I'm a Dino until he retires guy. I honestly don't think we can do better than him. I know we've had mixed results in his tenure but he's a coach I can proudly support. Give him credit for his evolution and finding new and different ways to win than what had worked in the past. Love him.
Give him resources so he can bring in guys like Anae and Beck and we will be just fine with him. Kids love him but respect him too, he is a good man, great with the media and looks like being more of a CEO coach will fit him well

Give him resources so he can bring in guys like Anae and Beck and we will be just fine with him. Kids love him but respect him too, he is a good man, great with the media and looks like being more of a CEO coach will fit him well
The ceo role is exactly what all the Purdue fans are begging brohm to do. I feel he has figured out his role for the team to be successful and we ALLOWED him to do so. Kinda like the same thing we did with this guy named dick macpherson.

Plus, he fits the SU goals of actually educating players, holding them accountable for their education, and all of the community related duties a great coach must do at a CFB school. He really is a perfect fit for SU and such a good public figure it will be hard not to give him resources going forward.

Sorry but can’t get fully back on the dino train until we secure a bowl.

Few wins doesn’t get me fully back
Don't be sorry. You feel let down, you want substance before you get back on the train. You were once on the train and you are wiling to get back on the train, that is sufficient for now.

However, if substance is provided and you move the goal posts, we reserve the right to relegate you to Rutgers fan status.

Sorry but can’t get fully back on the dino train until we secure a bowl.

Few wins don’t get me fully back
I agree. My point is that JW made a great decision as he was stuck with Dino because of the buyout. To Dinos credit he has run a great program. By all accounts he is as solid a person as you will come across. Faith based family man who truly has the best interest of his players and assistant coaches' number one on his list.

His problem was he has never built a program. He was a turnaround artist who used a unique O to win in against average competition. It is very different building a program. Once ACC coaches got a bead on his O it was over. Segway to this year. JW stepped up made the only call he could and retained Dino. Both of them stepped up in landing Dr. Bob and Beck. Throw in a HOF specials coach and our best WR coach in a long time and bingo things have improved. Dino is very lucky and maybe this works out well for all involved.

The key is keeping White and Bob. Pay them whatever it takes so that we can have a minimum of three seasons with this group. JW needs to resign Dino at the same possibly lower number and really up the pool for the assistants. We need great coaches we will never recruit our way to success. Coaching matters, especially at SU

I agree. My point is that JW made a great decision as he was stuck with Dino because of the buyout. To Dinos credit he has run a great program. By all accounts he is as solid a person as you will come across. Faith based family man who truly has the best interest of his players and assistant coaches' number one on his list.

His problem was he has never built a program. He was a turnaround artist who used a unique O to win in against average competition. It is very different building a program. Once ACC coaches got a bead on his O it was over. Segway to this year. JW stepped up made the only call he could and retained Dino. Both of them stepped up in landing Dr. Bob and Beck. Throw in a HOF specials coach and our best WR coach in a long time and bingo things have improved. Dino is very lucky and maybe this works out well for all involved.

The key is keeping White and Bob. Pay them whatever it takes so that we can have a minimum of three seasons with this group. JW needs to resign Dino at the same possibly lower number and really up the pool for the assistants. We need great coaches we will never recruit our way to success. Coaching matters, especially at SU
Really, who on the coaching staff should not be retained? Everyone of them is producing positive results, if I recall. JW seems willing to provide the resources and the SU Administration seems willing to support JW.

Really, who on the coaching staff should not be retained? Everyone of them is producing positive results, if I recall. JW seems willing to provide the resources and the SU Administration seems willing to support JW.
read my post. I want the entire staff retained.

And in a sense, this is what Greg Robinson should have been. He was charming as hell, great with the media, and had won rings at both levels. But we didn't have the money back then to provide the caliber of assistants that might have made him more effective as the head coach. Greg Robinson seemed like a good man who was being asked to do more than he actually could do by himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom