Dino On Mike & Mike This Morning @ 8:28 AM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino On Mike & Mike This Morning @ 8:28 AM

Bam, they typically do that on Sunday or Monday... I know we go review/treatment/meetings on Sunday then let them off on Monday's... Wondering if we have a similar setup.

As far as everybody else being concerned about the typical structure, I honestly think you may get more out of letting them go for a couple days.
Yes that is the traditional Sunday schedule

By 2 days off he meant physical practice I assume because Shy had team meetings film review of the game meeting with trainers for injuries and ice tubs position meetings and upcoming opponent review

Big big big difference. Thanks for insight and clarification.

Loved the show and now am worried about Dino's future at the CUSE. Pay him at least 4M and hope he stays and finishes job in CNY. Dino would be a perfect fit at either Tennessee or Ole Miss and pray that doesn't happen.

Uhhhgggg...One huge win and already have Dino moving on. Would be nice if SU was in an ACC championship game before all of this talk. Guess we all should enjoy this year and next because we may be back to ground zero after that. I hope I am sooooooo wrong about that!
Honestly, I knew this crap would start. If Booger or anyone else listened to Babers post game press conference, they would have heard not only what Dino thinks about the program, but the city and the area. And every time he talks about Cuse football he talks about being good for a "long time."

Honestly, go back to youtube, find the post game presser and listen to the whole middle portion of that press conference. He's getting $2 and a half million to be here. Can someone else offer $3.5, $4.5m? Sure. But we aren't paying peanuts. Some people in the media must believe Syracuse is in the MAC and can't offer anything. And some of our fans still continue to believe the same ...

Tennessee is paying Butch $4.1 mil. They also pay more for staff and upgrades in facilities.

I have to imagine Syracuse can see the payoff of a relevant football program and the fact it's worth an extra few mil per year to keep Dino and his staff in order while incrementally building the football infrastructure.

I hope..

Loved the show and now am worried about Dino's future at the CUSE. Pay him at least 4M and hope he stays and finishes job in CNY. Dino would be a perfect fit at either Tennessee or Ole Miss and pray that doesn't happen.

Trolls gonna troll.

Honestly, I knew this crap would start. If Booger or anyone else listened to Babers post game press conference, they would have heard not only what Dino thinks about the program, but the city and the area. And every time he talks about Cuse football he talks about being good for a "long time."

Honestly, go back to youtube, find the post game presser and listen to the whole middle portion of that press conference. He's getting $2 and a half million to be here. Can someone else offer $3.5, $4.5m? Sure. But we aren't paying peanuts. Some people in the media must believe Syracuse is in the MAC and can't offer anything. And some of our fans still continue to believe the same ...
Great points and I did hear Dino mention all the positives during his presser. BUT, even though I'm far from a Chicken Little, I still worry about a factory poaching him.

Last week we actually saw some integrity displayed in the coaching fraternity when Gary Andersen resigned (as promised) waiving the remainder of his contract. I believe (and hope) that HCDB has similar standards and will stick around long enough to finish the job.

I have always maintained that Dino seems happy here and I don't think he will leave, but hearing his postgame (which can be accessed on ESPN3 on replay) confirmed my thoughts. He really seems to like it here.
Go back to his introductory press conference. "Why Syracuse? Why NOT Syracuse?!" Dino professes no interest in the NFL, has faith that he can build a program here that can compete in one of the most challenging divisions in college football, has already seen support in staff augmentation and a new locker room and seems to genuinely enjoy the area. He is also not a young stud focused solely on climbing the ladder. No reason to think that the perceived compensation gap can't be narrowed somewhat and that he ends his career here.

Booger says Dino is gone because he won’t last long at a “small” school.

Complete load of bovine fecal matter! "Small" like Clemson and Virginia you mean?

You'd think the way some of these jackapes talk that Syracuse was the size of Lafayette or Davidson. No, Syracuse is never going to be confused with an Ohio State, Ped State or UCF, but it is far from a "small" school. That's just a worn out, dated way of attempting to belittle our program. It's probably going to continue until we are beating the Clemsons and FSUs and Miamis on a semi-regular basis.

Complete load of bovine fecal matter! "Small" like Clemson and Virginia you mean?

You'd think the way some of these jackapes talk that Syracuse was the size of Lafayette or Davidson. No, Syracuse is never going to be confused with an Ohio State, Ped State or UCF, but it is far from a "small" school. That's just a worn out, dated way of attempting to belittle our program. It's probably going to continue until we are beating the Clemsons and FSUs and Miamis on a semi-regular basis.

Syracuse gets the same league payouts as every other team in the ACC -
Clemson, FSU, Llvll, and The U, et al.

While there's no way we can win an arms race against Clemson or FSU, we can certainly hold serve against the rest of the league.
And that should be more than enough to hold onto Dino and crew for as long as they want to be here.

No better place for Dino's system than a very loud, domed stadium - fans and alumni that genuinely appreciate any positive progress in the football program after the last 19 years (not a win now or else mentality) - Syracuse is the best situation for him - bar none.

McNabb on First Take - He's becoming a regular on there.

He's pretty good. Some funny banter right now between McNabb and SAS.

He used the word 'small' but quickly corrected himself and said Syracuse isn't really a small school but they're not 'one of the big boys'.
I think Booger is condescending about SU football but I don't think he was being a troll. There's obviously a lot of truth to the fact that SU is not as big a program as about 20 other programs in college football.

People talking about Dino leaving SU is going to happen every year that he's coach here. There's no escaping it.

He used the word 'small' but quickly corrected himself and said Syracuse isn't really a small school but they're not 'one of the big boys'.
I think Booger is condescending about SU football but I don't think he was being a troll. There's obviously a lot of truth to the fact that SU is not as big a program as about 20 other programs in college football.

People talking about Dino leaving SU is going to happen every year that he's coach here. There's no escaping it.

I was going to post the same thing. He wuyckly corrected himself and added context. I thought he was pretty good this morning and praised SU and especially Babers.

Go back to his introductory press conference. "Why Syracuse? Why NOT Syracuse?!" Dino professes no interest in the NFL, has faith that he can build a program here that can compete in one of the most challenging divisions in college football, has already seen support in staff augmentation and a new locker room and seems to genuinely enjoy the area. He is also not a young stud focused solely on climbing the ladder. No reason to think that the perceived compensation gap can't be narrowed somewhat and that he ends his career here.

I think he said something Friday night to the effect that Syracuse is beautiful most of the year and in the few months that it's not, we stay inside.

Dino also mentioned the advantage this weekend of being at a school thats a bit out of the way to get to.

He isnt going to B12 because his offense would just be much of the same.

he isnt going to the ACC

I think he knows the B10 brings weather even more into play more times a year

Pac 12? who is leaving? The ariz schools wont be looking that leaves maybe UCLA?

he knows that going to the SEC is a crap shoot, you still have to beat Ala to get anything and now he knows he can beat Clemson, he loves the SU tradition and what the Dome can mean.. Big jump in money already came coming here, and he loves the weather. he already said he wants to see his plan when its in place 3-4-5 yrs.. leaving here starts that grind all over

Uhhhgggg...One huge win and already have Dino moving on. Would be nice if SU was in an ACC championship game before all of this talk. Guess we all should enjoy this year and next because we may be back to ground zero after that. I hope I am sooooooo wrong about that!

I figured you would be happy with this? You know finally getting Dino out of here and bringing in a HC who knows something???? Or have you had a change of heart since week 2?

As many have mentioned, Dino likes it here. He isn't going to the NFL, and is building a monster. No point in leaving. He has seen the area, appreciates it, and loves the Dome. Just needs the fans to show up like they did for Clemson. Once we are consistent in that, then game over.

His playbook is built for a packed Dome. I think he found his sweet spot. We didn't bring in these top recruits for him to leave them hanging. Sucks Hall jumped ship. Hope he rethinks, but all is well regardless.

Dino is in for the long haul. We just beat #2. We could be undefeated. I think we beat #8. The days of hoping for basketball are over.

I wonder what his comments were like at Bowling Green. Did he have the locals guessing as to if he was there long term? The reality is, only Coach Babers knows what his ultimate plans are. We can have all the wishful thinking we want, and as some people have pointed out, we can throw all the money we have at his feet, but if his vision is to be somewhere else, when given the opportunity, that is where he will land. I am hoping that this is the place he sees his self finishing his coaching tenure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom