Dino talking ball with Mark & Wes this morning at 9:45 ET on SiriusXM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino talking ball with Mark & Wes this morning at 9:45 ET on SiriusXM

The Beatles are one of the few pop culture foci who've stayed popular with every generation. My youngest has them on her playlist and she's 11.

Carmelo Anthony said his time on the Hill was being treated like the Beatles. They're like the Muhammad Ali of music. Its not a generational or socio-economic "known".

And during my 4 years on the Hill, it was McNabb and KJ and Tebucky and Nash and Ponds and Greenwood and Konrad and Poles and KJ and Roland Williams and countless others who were treated that way by the students and the community.

People now ask me why I'm *still* so into Syracuse football; maybe because I have belief without evidence (except after the 1st season of GROB; I knew we were doomed until a new HC was hired) and maybe b/c I remember those years well and how great Football at Syracuse can be. Probably a combo of both.

Like I previously stated I'm a big Dino fan and think he will be a winner. I like the energy he brings and the exciting offense that he uses.

I want to see consistency. I don't want to see the late season collapses like his first 2 seasons where he lost either 4 or 5 games in a row to end out the season. I don't want to see a dominant defense one week and then a defense who gives up 40+ points to WMU or 76 points to Pitt.

The original premise was to just give Dino 4 million and his staff 4 million a year totaling 8 million a year. I'm guessing that would be close to double what they are paying Dino and staff now. My question was how does 11-16 validate doubling his and staff's salary?

Well Marrone had multiple head coaching offers for going .500 over 4 years at Syracuse. It's the same readon Dino deserves it now. Just like Marrone, Babers took over a massive rebuild and has quickly turned us into a contender, and when healthy have proven they can hang with and beat anybody in the country. NOW we have the depth and it will only get better. You don't wait on these things. If you are good at your job you forecast before it happens. I think any AD worth anything can see where this is headed under Babers. You make the offer now while you may have a little leverage left. Otherwise you wait for him to prove what you already see coming and the ball is completely in his court and you have no good will built up. Pretty simple actually.

Like I previously stated I'm a big Dino fan and think he will be a winner. I like the energy he brings and the exciting offense that he uses.

I want to see consistency. I don't want to see the late season collapses like his first 2 seasons where he lost either 4 or 5 games in a row to end out the season. I don't want to see a dominant defense one week and then a defense who gives up 40+ points to WMU or 76 points to Pitt.

The original premise was to just give Dino 4 million and his staff 4 million a year totaling 8 million a year. I'm guessing that would be close to double what they are paying Dino and staff now. My question was how does 11-16 validate doubling his and staff's salary?
FHCDM collapsed down the stretch a couple times in his first few seasons. (As have many successful head coaches rebuilding programs)

Thank god we waited to confirm his excellence (year 4) before getting serious about a commitment. Those 3 (cheap) years post FHCDM really saved the university a truckload.

If Dino Babers builds a dynasty at Syracuse, he'll make the HOF. He'll be a legend: Bringing a once-dead football program to championship level. If he leaves for money (really, how much do you need?), he'll spend 3 out of every 5 years recruiting and building instead of coaching.

FHCDM collapsed down the stretch a couple times in his first few seasons. (As have many successful head coaches rebuilding programs)

Thank god we waited to confirm his excellence (year 4) before getting serious about a commitment. Those 3 (cheap) years post FHCDM really saved the university a truckload.

Doug was not coming back to Syracuse after year 4 regardless of $$$. He didn't want to recruit or a$$kiss donors. He also did not like the University's commitment to the football program.

Doug is much better suited as a NFL Coach where he concentrates on coaching only.

If Dino Babers builds a dynasty at Syracuse, he'll make the HOF. He'll be a legend: Bringing a once-dead football program to championship level. If he leaves for money (really, how much do you need?), he'll spend 3 out of every 5 years recruiting and building instead of coaching.

agree 100%. I look at his Joe Morris comment about making your own legacy.

If he's chasing the carrot he'll always be rebuilding somebody's program. Whether it's here or Tennessee or Florida State it's always going to be another 3 or 4 year process to get to the level you can compete - and you better have a quarterback.

The foundation is done here, he's moved on to the framing. He's at a point where he can focus more on coaching now. He can win here and he can win a championship here and he's getting there. So if he wants to build a legacy this is as good of a place as any to do it, and maybe more so because there's no pressure (ie see FSU and Taggart).

He's also in a really good spot in our division right now. What once seemed insurmountable isn't anymore. We can legit beat every team in the division and there's only one big dog hurdle right now in Clemson.

He's got a QB for the next 3 yrs, young line talent and really good looking young skill guys. I think combined with the youth, the system and the division, if a playoff spot is the goal, he'd be crazy to leave anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom