Dino's Game 9 Press Conference | BC | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 9 Press Conference | BC

Excited to be back in the Dome, yadda yadda yadda.

“This game is different. The older guys know it, and the younger guys are going to find out.” Babers says the matchup with Boston College is a rivalry game.

Wilson switched from CB to Safety.

Ellis will redshirt. Same injury as OG.

No updates on Pena, Hatcher, or Bradford.

“There’s just one thing we changed in our practices.” Babers says there was only one switch in how SU prepares for games after the Orange’s loss last week. He declined to identify what the change was.

Babers on whether he met with AD Wildhack: He said he has not. Babers on whether he should be back next year if he makes a bowl game: Next question.

More Babers on takeaways from VT loss: It’s not effort. There were amazing things happening in the fourth quarter. Offensively it’s definitely not clicking, but it’s not from a lack of effort.

Says VT "jumped on" them. Their 1 and 3 techniques were phenomenal, and they gave the o-line a lot of trouble. The hole was dug quickly.

Babers: No update on CB Jayden Bellamy. He will hopefully get better as fast as possible. When he gets better we'll put him back out there. (Yet Bellamy is #1 on this week's depth chart). :oops:

Babers on Shrader's play: He can put things on him, but some stuff can be placed on some other guys, too.

“There’s no quit in this team.” Babers says there were some things addressed after the loss to VT, but quitting wasn’t an issue.

Babers on Dungey's post-VT comments: I saw a little bit of some things he said. I don’t agree that guys quit. Eric can come to any practice. Come in, watch our practice, get around our captain, and he can make his own decision and come out and tell [media].

“If I had my way, we’d play fast every time.” Babers says he wants to move fast on offense, but it isn’t always the right way to win. Says no team can go as fast as the 2016 team because the rules changed.

Last edited:
Has it started yet? I’m on cuse.com and it just says Coming Up Next

Great job by cuse.com on this press conference … why do I make time in my day for this crap

Dino was a little emotional at times today. He never gives us anything in these press conferences. Tell us what you saw that made us struggle against VT? I wish one reporter would ask that after eight years why is it impossible to put a competent offensive line on the field?

What exactly were you looking for?
The press conference … ? I found it, listened to the ad, saw a screen that said “up next” and then never anything more … I’ve listened to the Monday pressers on cuse.com before without issue.

Wilson switched to safety? How on earth does that make sense? He’s tiny

Great job by cuse.com on this press conference … why do I make time in my day for this crap

It was a great job. It's a shame you had trouble accessing it.

You could even hear all the reporter's questions.

More Babers on takeaways from VT loss: It’s not effort. There were amazing things happening in the fourth quarter. Offensively it’s definitely not clicking, but it’s not from a lack of effort.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Emoji_Icon_-_Clown_emoji_large.png

Thanks for posting the notes though, OrangeXtreme. I can't bear to listen to him talk anymore. Text is easier on the nerves.

If the kids haven't quit than he still has a punchers chance. In the event he does keep his job there needs to be a complete review of everything including the wolverine, and the OL coach.

Honestly Id rather the reporters ask football questions like 'what are you doing to address the OL issues", "are there things you can do to mitigate the rush instead of the slow developing pass plays (ie: WR screens)", "the play calling has seemed rather pedestrian"...These are questions I'd rather hear than dumb questions about his job status when obviously he's not going to answer that.

Last edited:
Honestly Id rather the reporters ask football questions like 'what are you doing to address the OL issues", "are there things you can to mitigate the rush instead of the slow developing pass plays (WR screens)", "the play calling has seemed rather pedestrian"...These are questions I'd rather hear than dumb questions about his job status when obviously he's not going to answer that.
His answer to "address o line issues" and "should you run different plays" is going to be "every game is different, we will look at the film."

His answer to "address o line issues" and "should you run different plays" is going to be "every game is different, we will look at the film."

The answers are always the same. These press conferences are meaningless but that doesn't take away from the fact that the syracuse reporters never ask good questions.

Last edited:
Trying to address something that isn't Dino's job, I guess my biggest takeaway is we're just getting thinner and thinner.

And the more we lose, the more there is less of a reason for anyone to come back for the end of the year.

I'm firmly in the boat of firing Dino now, but as it pertains to the game, we're about to be grabbing people from the stands.

Excited to be back in the Dome, yadda yadda yadda.

“This game is different. The older guys know it, and the younger guys are going to find out.” Babers says the matchup with Boston College is a rivalry game.

Wilson switched from CB to Safety.

Ellis will redshirt. Same injury as OG.

No updates on Pena, Hatcher, or Bradford.

“There’s just one thing we changed in our practices.” Babers says there was only one switch in how SU prepares for games after the Orange’s loss last week. He declined to identify what the change was.

Babers on whether he met with AD Wildhack: He said he has not. Babers on whether he should be back next year if he makes a bowl game: Next question.

Says VT "jumped on" them. Their 1 and 3 techniques were phenomenal, and they gave the o-line a lot of trouble. The hole was dug quickly.

Babers: No update on CB Jayden Bellamy. He will hopefully get better as fast as possible. When he gets better we'll put him back out there. (Yet Bellamy is #1 on this week's depth chart). :oops:

Babers on Shrader's play: He can put things on him, but some stuff can be placed on some other guys, too.

“There’s no quit in this team.” Babers says there were some things addressed after the loss to VT, but quitting wasn’t an issue.

Babers on Dungey's post-VT comments: I saw a little bit of some things he said. I don’t agree that guys quit. Eric can come to any practice. Come in, watch our practice, get around our captain, and he can make his own decision and come out and tell [media].

“If I had my way, we’d play fast every time.” Babers says he wants to move fast on offense, but it isn’t always the right way to win. Says no team can go as fast as the 2016 team because the rules changed.

Good grief! Honestly, is this guy for real? We got outscored in the 4th Q 3-0, while VPI had their backups in after the 30-3 halftime score.

This, unfortunately, is so reminiscent of the Grob era and his post/upcoming game pressers. Like when Grob insisted there was "improvement" even if "we didn't see it" he "did" or along those lines after getting boat raced and being totally embarrassed. Except Grob stated this in his 1st/2nd years, not year EIGHT!

Trying to address something that isn't Dino's job, I guess my biggest takeaway is we're just getting thinner and thinner.

And the more we lose, the more there is less of a reason for anyone to come back for the end of the year.

I'm firmly in the boat of firing Dino now, but as it pertains to the game, we're about to be grabbing people from the stands.
That might be more interesting.

PA: excuse me, is there anyone in the stadium with experience playing OL(or WR or DL or CB...). If so, please report to stadium control immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom