Dino's Week 10 Clemson Press Conference | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 10 Clemson Press Conference

Syracuse Football ‏@syrfootball
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Team held 6 am practices during bye week. Lots of reps for 2s and 3s and rest for 1s

Tuesday-Saturday were off. Dino went to Texas A&M to watch daughter play volleyball

Team practiced Sunday to get cobwebs out.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said the SU coaches watched Clemson tape while recruiting last week. Started gameplan on Sunday, then practiced.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers on Clemson: "There are a lot of guys that are going to be millionaires playing offensively and defensively 4 them."

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said injured CB Cordell Hudson is not out for the year. No further clear facts, but sounds like he's not ready yet.

Dino: Watson may throw better than Lamar Jackson. He's very talented.

Dino: it's hard to hide OL and DL. Says Clemson provides challenging task up front

This will be Dino's first trip to Death Valley

Dino: loudest place he's ever been is Oregon

Syracuse HC Dino Babers on struggling K Cole Murphy: "Cole's our kicker. We'll stick with him until he gets it right."

Dino: to be 4-4 and have a chance to make a bowl game would be outstanding

Syracuse HC Dino Babers said he talked about bowl possibilities in his Sunday address to his players. Mentioned proving folks wrong again.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers isn't calling out naysayers ahead of Clemson. Knows Tigers will need to slip: "Don't bet the house on it, brother."

Last edited:
Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball
"They look different. I've seen a lot of football teams, but I wouldn't be honest if I told you they didn't look different." - Babers

They have a perfect record, they're striving for perfection and when teams have that they'll fight down the stretch to keep that perfection.

"It's hard to hide offensive linemen and defensive linemen. There's things we can do but they're extremely talented [in the trenches]"

"I've never been to Death Valley, as a coach & competitor, I'm looking forward to it It's going to be loud but that's part of the challenge"

To have a chance to do something that no one thought we were capable of and to have seniors who had 3 HCs go out w/ a bowl would be special

"They're a great team, highly motivated in a tough environment, but give us a slingshot and a rock. That's all I ask is a slingshot and rock

CwG1L5LWIAIeHU9.jpg

Last edited:
Love 6 AM Bye Week practices. Make your kids get up, dont let them slip during the time off.

Getting up at 6 AM may only take up two hours until 8 AM, but, it keeps out a lot of other stuff that happens late at night.

I am a big fan of Babers from what I've seen. I think he's a dangerous coach.
Likely no upset on Sat - Dungey will be lucky just to survive your DL. Francois almost got killed. But next year in the Dome could get interesting.

Likely no upset on Sat - Dungey will be lucky just to survive your DL. Francois almost got killed. But next year in the Dome could get interesting.
I don't think we'll lose but I do think Syracuse will cover.

I don't think we'll lose but I do think Syracuse will cover.
Yeah, not a betting man, but that line seems too much. If our OL can pass block at all, we'll score some. Maybe not enough to keep up, but our D is improving lately.

Love 6 AM Bye Week practices. Make your kids get up, dont let them slip during the time off.

Getting up at 6 AM may only take up two hours until 8 AM, but, it keeps out a lot of other stuff that happens late at night.
Getting up at 5 or 5:30 to make 6 AM practice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom