Dion & Arinze | Syracusefan.com

Dion & Arinze

kjb120

2nd String
I was happy to see both Dion and Arinze do well tonight. Dion went off for 33 and was 5/8 from three and Arinze had 10pts and 5 reb.

Hopefully Dion spends his entire off season working on his shooting, and Arinze can parlay his play into a contract for next season.

Arinze's probably got an uphill battle getting a deal, but he just needs one team that feels he's worth giving a roster spot to. I really hope that team is out there. He's battled.

I was happy to see both Dion and Arinze do well tonight. Dion went off for 33 and was 5/8 from three and Arinze had 10pts and 5 reb.

Hopefully Dion spends his entire off season working on his shooting, and Arinze can parlay his play into a contract for next season.
what Dion needs to work on can't be fixed in a gym

Toga said:
He's 12 for 14 from the field during his stint.

Great news! He was always a very efficient shooter here

Did OKC make the playoffs? Heard that they had a chance with a W. Sorry, out of the l0op a bit...

I was hoping this thread would stay about the positives of our former players and let all the criticisms of Dion be left on the other thread, but i should have known that would never happen.

You should know better to expect that on syracuseFAN.com.

I was hoping this thread would stay about the positives of our former players and let all the criticisms of Dion be left on the other thread, but i should have known that would never happen.
then why did you start it with a negative (he needs to work on his shooting)?

what Dion needs to work on can't be fixed in a gym
Whatever it is you're implying doesn't change the fact that becoming an average shooter takes him from borderline role player to 2nd or 3rd option on a good team. Shooting can be worked on in the gym.

then why did you start it with a negative (he needs to work on his shooting)?
theres a big difference between saying a person needs to tweak something in his game, then what is usually thrown around about Dion on this board.

Everyone here wants Waiters to be the best player he can be. I don't think that can be debated.

I agree that this is true for probably 99% of the posters here.

I wrote something up about Arinze. I'm not sure six games is enough to judge him on going to next year, especially since he didn't play in two of those games...but... http://.com/onuaku-finishes-strong-but-will-it-be-enough/

Whatever it is you're implying doesn't change the fact that becoming an average shooter takes him from borderline role player to 2nd or 3rd option on a good team. Shooting can be worked on in the gym.

You could probably also make the argument his shooting would look a lot better if he didn't think he was already the best player on every team he's on

theres a big difference between saying a person needs to tweak something in his game, then what is usually thrown around about Dion on this board.
I think he needs personal development, and I don't think that is remotely controversial. Or really even that negative.

I would suggest something like this. All manner of high achieving people, including CEOs, athletes, military officers, etc. have gone through Strozzi Institute workshops.

Last edited:
I would suggest something like this. All manner of high achieving people, including CEOs, athletes, military officers, etc. have gone through Strozzi Institute workshops.

Is that similar to those Boot Camps that kids on Maury Povich get sent to?

hqdefault.jpg

You could probably also make the argument his shooting would look a lot better if he didn't think he was already the best player on every team he's on
It is tough though when he has the talent but needs the ball in his hands to show it. Until he develops a jump shot, he's going to be frustrated running down the court straight to the corner and waiting for a kick out. He's proved in games like last night that he can be a lead dog. Run of the mill role players don't have multiple games like Dion has had in his career.

but I heard Dion can't shoot...

(I'm going to be a d**k and post this evertime a crappy Syracuse shooter has a good night) trollolololol
So if you post that infrequently, does it prove the premise?

It is tough though when he has the talent but needs the ball in his hands to show it. Until he develops a jump shot, he's going to be frustrated running down the court straight to the corner and waiting for a kick out. He's proved in games like last night that he can be a lead dog. Run of the mill role players don't have multiple games like Dion has had in his career.

I'm just saying if he didn't think he deserved to shoot so much he'd have better percentages.

I'm sure lots of sixth men/microwave guys have had games where they totally went off. I could troll Eddie House's game logs I bet.

Wait are you citing a game last night as if it means anything? Come on, that was tank city for Minny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom