Dion Waiters being shut down the rest of the season?... | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters being shut down the rest of the season?...

Bummer. Hopefully he still makes the All Rookie team.

Dion's been having knee problems, which may require arthroscopic surgery, and if that happens his season will be over which is shame considering he's had a decent rookie year.
http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cav...-waiters-not-even-close-to-returning-1.384070
This is tank time in the NBA. everybody gets shut down in a quest for more ping pong balls. i forget what national guy suggested it, but all the lottery teams in a tourney for the #1 pick would be a much better (and more interesting) way to go to maintain universal competitiveness throughout the season.

This is tank time in the NBA. everybody gets shut down in a quest for more ping pong balls. i forget what national guy suggested it, but all the lottery teams in a tourney for the #1 pick would be a much better (and more interesting) way to go to maintain universal competitiveness throughout the season.

Agreed! What they should do is give every team in the lottery the same amount of ping pong balls, that way there is no reason to tank and the lottery will be a true lottery!

off topic but I always wondered what it would be like if they made every nba player a rookie every 3-4 years and had a monster draft. same with the nfl.

Agreed! What they should do is give every team in the lottery the same amount of ping pong balls, that way there is no reason to tank and the lottery will be a true lottery!
Well, then the problem you'd have is teams tanking to miss the playoffs.

That said, I'd love to see a sports league make the first round a true lottery - every team has an equal chance at getting each pick. Then base subsequent draft rounds on standings and give the worst teams the best picks in the round.

Think about it - what would be more exciting and interesting? A team like the Bobcats drafting in the top 3, or a team like the Nuggets drafting in the top 3?

That said, I'd love to see a sports league make the first round a true lottery - every team has an equal chance at getting each pick. Then base subsequent draft rounds on standings and give the worst teams the best picks in the round.

Think about it - what would be more exciting and interesting? A team like the Bobcats drafting in the top 3, or a team like the Nuggets drafting in the top 3?
My initial instinct was that is a dumb idea. But the more I think about it the more I like it, especially for basketball. When you think about it the worst thing you can be in hoops is mediocre. It's much better to be horrible and have a chance to get a Durant or lbj etc. Because in the nba unless you have a megastar or are one of the 5-6 teams that can attract a free agent (Miami, la, Knicks) it is almost impossible to go from 45 win team to championship. Recent teams that would fit would be the hawks, nuggets, hornets with Paul, current nets. Think about how exciting it would be if they had an opportunity to get a franchise player to put them over the top? I love it. You are a genius.

I like it but you would have to eliminate the top 4 seeds of both conferences to ensure the champs don't end up with the #1 pick too. That wouldn't be very fair

I like it but you would have to eliminate the top 4 seeds of both conferences to ensure the champs don't end up with the #1 pick too. That wouldn't be very fair
I think it's fair to give the teams that are close to winning it all a chance to go over the top.

Take out the champs. Make the lottery for everyone else.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom