Diversifying Roles | Syracusefan.com

Diversifying Roles

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Noticed that Mike G and Mal are switching roles with Mike G playing off the ball more often and letting Mal handle the ball, being the play maker. Add Frank Howard's increased minutes it means even less minutes for Mike G as the main ball handler. Frees up Mike G more offensively but I think these changing roles have caused some confusion affecting our fast break coverage on who's responsible, for some reason. It makes us much more versatile but we have to respond defensively to these role changes.

Last edited:
per JB himself (G) is most effective as a 2. every scouting report i've seen and my own eyes tell me malachi is a 2. and yet cooney starts 90 straight games there. what we currently lack is a true backcourt playmaker. howard may fill the bill. but he doesn't ever get the court time needed to ever settle in cuz (g) and cooney both average 38+ minutes a game. we have some decent talent. good players. unfortunately most of them are slotted out of position and playing too many minutes.

Mal is the classic proverbial shot maker . He can shoot off the dribble , off a curl , catch and shoot .. Whatever , he can play any position we need save the 5 ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom