Class of 2024 - DL Dominick McKinley (LA) Flipped from Texas A&M to LSU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Dominick McKinley (LA) Flipped from Texas A&M to LSU

Oh well, I was hoping we would at least get him up for a visit. I guess that crap to bed. NEXT

Two things. First Erob and Nick got a home visit in and getting in on 5 star is tough. Second, the relationship is established and it may pay dividends down the road. Fran with his relationships can play the long game with 4 and 5 stars.

There's always a long game. Something some kids need to learn...never burn bridges.
Not necessarily about learning. He’s a Louisiana kid going to LSU. Maybe he just wanted to play closer to home. But a lot can happen, especially coaching changes, that have nothing to do with talent and could lead him to look elsewhere.

I think the focus on high level NE recruits is going to be the bread and butter of our recruiting just because of the challenges of dipping outside the region. Easier sell to kids that already want to stay in the NE. But we’ll still find kids like the GA kids in the class that are looking for a different experience than the SEC.

Not necessarily about learning. He’s a Louisiana kid going to LSU. Maybe he just wanted to play closer to home. But a lot can happen, especially coaching changes, that have nothing to do with talent and could lead him to look elsewhere.

I think the focus on high level NE recruits is going to be the bread and butter of our recruiting just because of the challenges of dipping outside the region. Easier sell to kids that already want to stay in the NE. But we’ll still find kids like the GA kids in the class that are looking for a different experience than the SEC.
I wasn't referring to him. More about kids who say one thing and do another.

Agreed. Fran is playing the long game here.
I’m sure he’s also still playing the short game. If the kid hasn’t signed an NLI yet, he can still be talking to and recruiting him, just like he was when he was a verbal to TA&M.

I know he's a Louisiana kid that seems like he wants to play for the home team but I wonder if he knew this was going to happen before flipping.

High end recruits are almost always told about this kind of stuff well before it becomes public knowledge. If anything, the turnover of D coaches at LSU likely further cements his choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom