Class of 2024 - DL Maraad Watson (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Maraad Watson (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23)

Currently committed to Kent State. Defensive Tackle out of, you guessed it, New Jersey.

6’3 285
Under the radar kid but Fran and Robinson LOVE him as a prospect. Keep an eye on this
From Irvington HS, coached by Smoke Pierre. Yes, the same guy we might be adding to our coaching staff shortly.

Transferred in from a small HS after his junior season. Can graduate this month and enroll for the spring. Was also recently offered by Nebraska and Rutgers.

The other guy mentioned in that article, Jahide Lesaine, is a 6’5 235 DE/TE who is also verballed to Kent. Would not be surprised if they are good friends and might end up a package deal.

Last edited:
Wonder if Smoke is on campus this weekend
WHERE THERE'S SMOKE THERE'S
Awesome Design GIF by SamuelC

This is another exciting prospect despite his lack of stars. Some serious programs getting involved at the end of his recruitment. Typically guys like this we have committed, and they get picked off by the big boys. It’s nice for roles to be reversed.

This is another exciting prospect despite his lack of stars. Some serious programs getting involved at the end of his recruitment. Typically guys like this we have committed, and they get picked off by the big boys. It’s nice for roles to be reversed.
Yeah he’s a kid about to blow up. Definitely a nice prospect.

Not yet...probably wants his own night!

Given he is rocking the White and Blue combo….

Do the recruits get to pick the colors they want to rock? I assume so, I just am looking at that combo and wondering why that’s what caught his eye

Also Nick Williams is going to be a freaking monster for us. It’s so clear the kids love this dude and can’t want to play on his line

Given he is rocking the White and Blue combo….

Do the recruits get to pick the colors they want to rock? I assume so, I just am looking at that combo and wondering why that’s what caught his eye

Also Nick Williams is going to be a freaking monster for us. It’s so clear the kids love this dude and can’t want to play on his line
I was just coming to post this...Nick Williams seems like he's got it down when it comes to recruiting.