Class of 2024 - DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Omar White (GA) Visited for Spring Game

Just to clarify Omar White shot three people to include a teammate. He did three separate shooting in one night to include a drive by on another car. This is one bad human being. I don't ever see him playing College Football especially at Syracuse University.

I value your opinion, Jim- & I've never seen you come out this hard on a player.
Not my decision, but the coaches better be on top of this if they go w/ him.

Just can't see Fran taking a chance on this player in his first year.
Maybe down the road after examining all the circumstances, they might.
I just don’t see how one could justify it considering the circumstances. Sometimes you have to use your gut in situations like this. Multiple shootings, whether he was the triggerman or not. I understand kids make mistakes but there are mistakes and then there is being involved in what could have been the death of 3 people.

Who knows . If he went to jail, did time, maybe he found god or something and is looking to change his life. I’m sure the coaches know even more and i’m certain they wouldn’t risk their program for a kid with a history like this unless something changed? I would be fine if they took him, but he already has 2 strikes. Anything issue at all and you’re gone. If this was a man in the NFL it would be a totally different story. But this probably happened at 16. I’d still be willing to give 1 chance if I feel I knew him well enough and thought he changed.

Edit: Well this is what happens when posting after reading page 2. Didn’t realize it was 3 separate shootings, including a teammate. I mean What.

Last edited:
Malcom Cater and Ryan Nassib.

Eventually ended up at FCS University of Charleston.

Cater was an absolute beast on the field I remember watching and seeing him on special teams absolutely clothesline a guy knocking him off his feet and that was as FR. Sad what could have been.

Cater was an absolute beast in the field I remember watching and seeing him on special teams absolutely clothesline a guy knocking him off his feet and that was as FR. Sad what could have been.
Yeah he was fun to watch, so much potential. Really sad how that all fell apart. I do believe on the right path he would have had a NFL opportunity.

The glass half empty guy would say he shot 3 people and that's bad.

The glass half full guy would say he's been alive for about 6,500 days and in 6,499 of them, he didn't shoot anybody, so that's good.
So you're saying all of this boils down to him having one bad night?

Just to clarify Omar White shot three people to include a teammate. He did three separate shooting in one night to include a drive by on another car. This is one bad human being. I don't ever see him playing College Football especially at Syracuse University.
Exactly. I think it is ludicrous the board is even discussing this. He SHOT three people. What don't you get?!

Ok... not defending the kid. But just for clarity... I see references to him being "involved" with the shooting. I don't see anything saying he was the shooter. That can mean a lot of things. He helped, he was there and didn't try to stop it, he instigated it, he was just part of the group. I hope if he did the shooting he would still be in prison. Although we have gotten pretty soft on crime... I hope that would still be the case.

The glass half empty guy would say he shot 3 people and that's bad.

The glass half full guy would say he's been alive for about 6,500 days and in 6,499 of them, he didn't shoot anybody, so that's good.
IMG_0051.gif

Ok... not defending the kid. But just for clarity... I see references to him being "involved" with the shooting. I don't see anything saying he was the shooter. That can mean a lot of things. He helped, he was there and didn't try to stop it, he instigated it, he was just part of the group. I hope if he did the shooting he would still be in prison. Although we have gotten pretty soft on crime... I hope that would still be the case.
I agree with this. Maybe he was in the back seat of car while things went crazy. It’s a reach and he should know he’s got too much at stake to risk being in that situation but kids do dumb stuff.

I have no clue what happened but I assume he is persona non grata until (if) the justice system clears him. Even then he prob needs to go JuCo

Just came across this, Syracuse was mentioned regarding a possible pursuit of 4-star DL Omar White...hadn't seen 'Cuse linked to him in the past, but wanted to pass along: National Signing Day: Top 10 uncommitted college football recruits in 2024 class
Mr. Adler, sir. Your articles are the best.

But, see what you did here.

Perhaps some more research was necessary?

No one goes around shooting people at night, ever.

Sorry Neil, I just don't get guns shooting people even if he was exonerated.

I do not want him coming near Syracuse University.

Omar White can go slide down a long, thin bannister and continue, without stopping, for months as far as I am concerned.