Do It All Paul Harris hired by Hartford | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do It All Paul Harris hired by Hartford

That story Paul told about shooting threes against ND on the Devo podcast was an all-time classic.
do you remember the date or general date? I would love to find it and listen!

do you remember the date or general date? I would love to find it and listen!

Not off the top of my head [sorry].

But the story was HILARIOUS! Harris and Devo were both rolling, and Paul's description of how things unfolded was perfect.

In spite of the vibes he sometimes gave off, Paul really did care. My favorite memory of him was on the team bus after the six-overtime game. Even though we had won, he was very hard on himself, walking down the aisle, loudly repeating: "I couldn't dunk, I couldn't dunk, I couldn't dunk." He thought the game should have ended a lot earlier if he had made only one of his many missed dunks that night. (He shot 8/23 that night, and many of his misses were attempted dunks).
He missed a ton of layups but only one missed dunk.

This was posted in the daily articles thread yesterday, but I thought it deserves a standalone post. Really happy for Paul.

Great for Paul. How I remember him:

Paul_Harris.jpg

“Paul Harris was an explosive, 6’ 5” 220 lb, muscular forward for Syracuse basketball for three seasons.

Harris came to Syracuse with extremely high expectations from Orange fans, many expecting him to be the next Carmelo Anthony. Harris had been a high school All-American at both Niagara Falls High School and Notre Dame Prep. He had a chiseled body and extremely long wingspan for a player of his size.

Harris was not the next Melo, but he had an outstanding freshman season. He was a phenomenal rebounder averaging 7+ rebounds a game despite playing about 21 minutes a game. In the Big East tournament, he had 15 rebounds and 24 points against Notre Dame in the semi-final loss. He was explosive to the hoop with thunderous dunks, and was aggressive running the court. On defense he played solid in man to man, but struggled to fit into the Jim Boeheim zone defense."

Harris still remained a vital cog in the Orange scheme, and when he had a big night, the Orange typically did very well. In the win over Kansas to win the CBE Preseason championship he had 14 rebounds. His best effort of the year was in the historic six overtime win against Connecticut in the Big East tournament. Harris would play fifty six minutes that night, scoring a career high 29 points with 22 rebounds, and a critical 13 of 14 from the free throw line."

Paul Harris (orangehoops.org)

Last edited:
Not off the top of my head [sorry].

But the story was HILARIOUS! Harris and Devo were both rolling, and Paul's description of how things unfolded was perfect.
found it on Spotify. Great story and the whole 1 hour, 16 minute interview was great. Paul is a smart and funny guy! The story where Paul hid in the equipment manager's hotel room and scared him was classic too! Paul and Devo did funny impressions of JB too.

Last edited:
6'5" and leading your team in rebounding. that alone tells me this dude is a let's get down and dirty worker.

He was chiseled like a weight lifter. Powerful dude.

I loved the Paul Harris/Chuck Norris threads we had on here back in the day. They were hilarious! I think they started before he even stepped foot on campus, so he was a legend before he donned Orange thanks to this collection of rabid fans. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom