do we have new AD. Drew Robinson from Rutgers ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

do we have new AD. Drew Robinson from Rutgers ?

tep624 said:
Fantastic hire on this one, more I read on the guy, more it sounds like a no brainer.

He had his hands in a lot of things at Rutgers during his time there. Recruiting, branding, football social media, fan experience, did some work with mike quick on MSG varsity.

Maybe Sala wasn't interested in the job and is happier being the hardest working guy on the hill.

Really like the Director of Football Ops. hire.

On A side note, I saw coach Adam, Lester and our new tight ends coach this morning on my flight to Chicago.

He had his hands in a lot of things at Rutgers during his time there. Recruiting, branding, football social media, fan experience, did some work with mike quick on MSG varsity.

Whatever it takes to get a public firing of Lael...

This is outstanding. Great guy who was great here and was great at Rutgers. He's gonna do some great things here. Couldn't be happier for him.
Who made the hire on behalf of Syracuse?

Caught wind of it this afternoon, and he's pretty much getting sparkling reviews from every corner of the Syracuse and Rutgers internet. Excited about this hire.

I have to think that Shafer had a hand in this hire, yes? If so, he's put all of his chips in on New Jersey recruits it seems. White and him should make a great combo.

Just out of curiosity why is Pete Sala "not a candidate?"
Sala implied that he wanted the job in a TV Intvw during the spring game. I think this was Syverud making clear to everyone Sala isn't being considered for the job.

Pete is an amazing individual but im not sure if being the AD is a good fit for him. I think that Syverud is making a good call in going in a new direction. I also believe that he will take very good care of Pete as he should

He was a bit of a tool in college (I went to school with him and knew him a bit) but I assume he has matured and grown up since then -- god knows must of us have. He always wanted to work in football and busted his ass working as a team manager during the darkest days so I will give him credit for that. He's also pretty young for this role so he must be doing something right.

Just out of curiosity why is Pete Sala "not a candidate?"

Because he is strictly a facilities guy...

"A 1979 graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School, Sala attended Morrisville College before transferring to the University of Massachusetts, where he completed its program in turf management."

Maybe Sala wasn't interested in the job and is happier being the hardest working guy on the hill.

Really like the Director of Football Ops. hire.

On A side note, I saw coach Adam, Lester and our new tight ends coach this morning on my flight to Chicago.

What they doing going to Chicago, they should be on a flight heading to NC to see Mr. Washington.

Sala implied that he wanted the job in a TV Intvw during the spring game. I think this was Syverud making clear to everyone Sala isn't being considered for the job.
I think that when you just go through 8 years of NCAA scrutiny and are found in violation (accurate or not) of rules and penalized for that... you can't really hire from in-house. It just looks bad and not like you are promoting real change. Sala could be great for the job but they really have to go outside.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom