Doc Gross will be on espncny.com @ 3:30 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Doc Gross will be on espncny.com @ 3:30

I'm quickly changing my mind: Hackett over Shafer.

Make Shafer associate head coach and give him a nice bump.

I think this is our best chance of keeping both.

Would money fix hurt pride if he really wanted the job? This might get funky.

I'm quickly changing my mind: Hackett over Shafer.

Make Shafer associate head coach and give him a nice bump.

I think this is our best chance of keeping both.

Agreed.

Hackett HC, Shafer stays with a pay raise.

Shafer HC, I believe Hackett will be gone to Buffalo, pay raise or not.

External candidates: No particular mentions, but says a lot of people are obviously interested. Says school is attractive right now.
"Attractive." This guy is almost as good as Doug Marrone.

Last edited:
On Tressel: "Loaded question" won't comment, then comments about how great he was at Youngstown St and respects him.
Hopefully he's on the horn with Tressel right now.

When You Go With The Vest, You Go With The Best!

Syracuse is not a final stop, Oregon w/ Nike money is.
The sooner the fan base can accept that, the better,
The football team is not the basketball team.
Kelly will keep looking at the NFL each year as he's been doing...and at some point will go. The football team is not the basketball team? Wow.

Gross on Buffalo station says Rutgers owes Ray Rice for getting into Big Ten. Obviously relative to what happened with GRob... yikes.

sounds like he likes hackett - talked alot more about offense

If they promote without at least interviewing outside people then this is a complete fail.

Gross on Buffalo station says Rutgers owes Ray Rice for getting into Big Ten.
To be fair Rutgers owes Ray Rice and all of the NJ taxpayers they bilk year after year to run that mess.

Yes. Edited the post to explain - it was about what happened with Groobers. I wouldn't have gone there though...

Also said GRob had "impeccable resume but didn't work out because the talent pool dried up" which then leaded to the Ray Rice comment. Also said there is a ton of current interest in the SU job, particularly since SU will be ACC championship contenders next season.

Kelly will keep looking at the NFL each year as he's been doing...and at some point will go. The football team is not the basketball team? Wow.

Wow right back at you.
Some people are still living in 1987.

Also said GRob had "impeccable resume but didn't work out because the talent pool dried up" which then leaded to the Ray Rice comment. Also said there is a ton of current interest in the SU job, particularly since SU will be ACC championship contenders next season.

ACC championship contenders next season! Really? Did TGD really say that? What used car lots has he been hanging around?

ACC championship contenders next season! Really? Did TGD really say that? What used car lots has he been hanging around?

Hey right now every team is undefeated and a contender!!

What is he supposed to say? It's that guys job to sell the program.

news flash the acc wasn't that good . ring g tech made the championship

"Attractive." This guy is almost as good a bullsh!tter as Doug Marrone.
This team will finish 20-30 in the country after winning 6 of 7 to end the year. We trounced the Sugar Bowl champions and won a share of the BE.

Gross doesn't have to BS- If you don't think there are many really good coaches willing to take over what has become a pretty solid ACC program than you're crazy.

Wow right back at you.
Some people are still living in 1987.
I think the reports of people living in 1987 and/or not knowing the state of SU football is greatly exaggerated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom