Does anyone else think that Allen | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone else think that Allen

TheOkieOrangeman

2nd String
got easily rattled when the rush or blitz came? Instead of stepping into the pocket, which granted was not much, he just threw quickly or stood there and got hit.

got easily rattled when the rush or blitz came? Instead of stepping into the pocket, which granted was not much, he just threw quickly or stood there and got hit.

He sucked today, worst play by a qb in recent memory... Needs to play better or be replaced

Jeesh!! It's his first career start. Give it a rest and let's see how he does over the next few games. If we had a better option he'd be playing already.

He sucked today, worst play by a qb in recent memory... Needs to play better or be replaced

Ugh. I was dealing with a sports bar TV sans sound in OH. Hunt must be so far behind to not get snaps. Often, Allen had PLENTY of time back there. I don't know what was going on. Mis-communication with receivers, receivers not getting separation out there, etc. I did think our skill players didn't look especially quick out there. Defense on the field way too long in general. I'll watch my DVR recording of it tomorrow but for the most part Allen looked lost out there. Maybe the receivers too.

no.

Allen was subject to pretty shitty play calling and subpar WRs v a superior team.

remember when Eli sucked because Shockey was open and pissed the ball wasnt where he was?? well its because he wasnt supposed to be there.

Allen will be fine.

He didn't seem in command in part because play calling was a mess. Plays took too long to get in and most sucked when they got there. The post route and quick slants were there all day and we kept running slower receivers down the sidelines instead. Broyld dropped a potential big gainer early and we shelfed every pass over the middle there after.

A lot of it wasn't on Drew but some was. Those picks were atrocious and aside from that he needs to pull the ball back out and run on more read options. He did it once and got us 12 yards and then never again as Smith tried to take on 8 in the box. Multiple times they d wasn't even putting a man out on him after he rolled out.

From the view in the stands Allen didn't seem that bad at all. He did seem to get rattled a little bit with the blitz, and the last possession it looked like he totally lost his poise, but overall I thought he was solid. When he had time he was effective. He was hurt by a couple easy drops, which we cannot have with this group of receivers.

You're kidding, right? Worse than nassib, I'll give you that, but we have about a decade of mediocre to BAD QB play, or does recent memory mean only the last two years? And he got very little help from his WRs...

Nassib was rattled quite often early in his career and let's face it...this was Allens first start vs a very good defense. If SU played Crap U they could have got a lot of these bugs worked out as they would have had more reps vs a far inferior opponent and it's hard to play a team of this quality right off the bat. PSU looked like crud their first two games last year with their new staff.

Allen will be fine.

I agree with those who said it was his first start against a very good D so there were bound to be mistakes. My only issue was that he threw at least 4 or 5 uncatchable balls out of bounds (in direction of receivers so not intentionally out of bounds). At this point even if it is his first start, he should know where the sidelines are.

I agree with those who said it was his first start against a very good D so there were bound to be mistakes. My only issue was that he threw at least 4 or 5 uncatchable balls out of bounds (in direction of receivers so not intentionally out of bounds). At this point even if it is his first start, he should know where the sidelines are.

Nassib struggled with those throws as well at times and it's being taught to make sure either your guy gets it or no one. I admit the no one part is rough when the ball sails out of bounds but it is better than sailing to the field where the defensive players are hovering. It is frustrating to watch and it takes time to get that game speed feel.

My Beef (Besides his underthrows and overthrows) is He telegraphed every pass...The OC will be back Coaching receivers in the S.E.C. if this continues

Ugh. I was dealing with a sports bar TV sans sound in OH. Hunt must be so far behind to not get snaps. Often, Allen had PLENTY of time back there. I don't know what was going on. Mis-communication with receivers, receivers not getting separation out there, etc. I did think our skill players didn't look especially quick out there. Defense on the field way too long in general. I'll watch my DVR recording of it tomorrow but for the most part Allen looked lost out there. Maybe the receivers too.
Be thankful you did not have to listen to announcers.

Allen didn't play well, but our WRs were beyond bad at getting open. Broyld did well a couple of times, but Kobena, Clark, West were terrible outside of the play action call that allowed Kobena to get open on the 55 yard catch. Outside of that catch the WRs were terrible and didn't get separation and Allen was boned. The only mistake he did was not look for Wales more who was open often. I liked that Allen checked down to the RBs a lot, but the WRs really need to improve or we are screwed. I mean Rob Moore was one of the two coaches Doug Marrone didn't take with him red flag and the WRs looked clueless out there. Last year we had 2 4th yr stud WRs and now we are young at the position.

Remember when you last said something like that. You said Nassib was the worst qb in syracuse history. Give Allen room to grow. A lot of guys on O didn't play well today.

From the view in the stands Allen didn't seem that bad at all. He did seem to get rattled a little bit with the blitz, and the last possession it looked like he totally lost his poise, but overall I thought he was solid. When he had time he was effective. He was hurt by a couple easy drops, which we cannot have with this group of receivers.

Agree with this. PSU DL was superior to our OL, and everything else fed off of that. Our offense never really got in synch. It will have to be a work in progress. Have no idea what Hunt can or cannot do, but Allen is not the biggest of our challenges.

i did NOT come away impressed by any measure with allen's performance. is there a better option? IDK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom