Does Dungey sell tickets? | Syracusefan.com

Does Dungey sell tickets?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
We need to go in to next season with some kind of draw. Right now, Dungey looks to be it. Will people buy tickets just to see him play?

We need to go in to next season with some kind of draw. Right now, Dungey looks to be it. Will people buy tickets just to see him play?

He's a very fun player to watch. He's not a transcendent talent. He's also been inconsistent throwing the ball, granted his receivers outside of Ishmael are nothing special. No is my answer.

I think we are overrating him. He's very impressive, but personally, I'd take Rypien and Rosen over him.

If he's as good as many think, the question should be: Would he stay if we did NOT fire Shafer?

If he's as good as many think, is there a concern that Oregon would poach him? His pro potential would skyrocket in that offense if he's the real deal.

He's a very fun player to watch. He's not a transcendent talent. He's also been inconsistent throwing the ball, granted his receivers outside of Ishmael are nothing special. No is my answer.
Also likes to fumble a lot.

I think we are overrating him. He's very impressive, but personally, I'd take Rypien and Rosen over him.

If he's as good as many think, the question should be: Would he stay if we did NOT fire Shafer?

If he's as good as many think, is there a concern that Oregon would poach him? His pro potential would skyrocket in that offense if he's the real deal.
He's not Oregon good. Sheeeeeeit, if Marcus mariota showed up to cuse to play we'd think he was Jesus.

He's a freshman. There are growing pains but he's going to be a good qb here
I agree. That's different than selling tickets though.

OttoinGrotto said:

Only if we can give him some pass protection. Nobody will look good behind this o-line.

Only if we can give him some pass protection. Nobody will look good behind this o-line.
We might as well let the oline play in the secondary and let the secondary play oline. F it.

I love Dungey. He has a ton of room for improvement. One big thing: he needs to have more patience in the pocket. As Spielman said, he gets happy feet way too early in the play, especially when he sees a blitz coming. He will learn and develop but we are losing a lot from the Oline, which has been inconsistent to begin with.

He's not Oregon good. Sheeeeeeit, if Marcus mariota showed up to cuse to play we'd think he was Jesus.

Have you seen Oregon's QB situation? If, in an alternate world, they'd recruited him and shirted him, he'd be good enough for that offense. No one is calling him Mariota good.

I think he is being underrated in this thread, due to yesterday. He has had some bad series this year, but overall, he has been incredible, given his environment. Without him, we (insert GMAC cliche). I was amused yesterday when I was reading threads questioning his arm.

A large part of the problem (as it has been for years now), is who he is throwing to cannot generate separation regularly. Ishmael can on most days, but yesterday he had a top 5 pick covering him. Estime, for all his playmaking ability once has has the ball in his hands, is pretty awful at running routes and shaking defenders prior to getting that ball.

Everyone else? Worse than pedestrian.*

*Which irritates me to no end.Custis/Enoicy, based on size alone should be able to present legit targets, but apparently they have no one on staff who can groom them/mentor them in the details of WR play.

Have you seen Oregon's QB situation? If, in an alternate world, they'd recruited him and shirted him, he'd be good enough for that offense. No one is calling him Mariota good.
He doesn't have the arm strength yet to sniff the field at Oregon. Did you watch the passes that kid made in that ot win. That qb is pretty good.

He doesn't have the arm strength yet to sniff the field at Oregon. Did you watch the passes that kid made in that ot win. That qb is pretty good.

This is what I was referring to in my post above. Where are you guys getting this new "He has a weak arm" mindset?

This is what I was referring to in my post above. Where are you guys getting this new "He has a weak arm" mindset?
I'm not saying he has a weak arm. Paulus had a weak arm. He needs a year with s&c.

Yes - he's good enough to sell tickets. But the wins have to come and they will.

I worry that a new coach will come in and we'll be writing off next year as a learning year again and it sets back some progress by a season. So be it if a change is made, but ppl will have to reset their expectations again.

Yes - he's good enough to sell tickets. But the wins have to come and they will.

I worry that a new coach will come in and we'll be writing off next year as a learning year again and it sets back some progress by a season. So be it if a change is made, but ppl will have to reset their expectations again.
I have no expectations anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom