Does Hunt Look Slow? | Syracusefan.com

Does Hunt Look Slow?

He's definitely not fast. He's deceptive with his quickness.

He's not open field fast but can move the chains with his legs better than anyone we've had recently.

He looked a little gimpy walking back to the huddle after that one 9 yard run to the wide sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

No. He looks like a quarterback.

Slow on top speed but very elusive and very tough to bring down quickly. Dangerous from 0-20 yards

He's very impressive in the pocket and 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. But he's going to chased down in a foot race as we saw today.

Not at all worried about his speed. I am worried about his passing. Granted these wide receivers are pretty terrible. 120 yards in two games and 5 ints is god awful.

He looked slow, he may have been tired during that long run he looked like he gave up and slid when guys were behind him instead of letting them tackle him.

He looks slow compared to some other guys with good speed. I don't think he has great top end speed, but he's fluid and seems to have good natural running ability for a QB.

Also, it was a wet, grass field - not prime field conditions for speed.

Not fast but a good enough runner to give opposing coaches heartburn.

Very slow...4.9 forty is as about as slow as skilled players are registered.

That test was either flawed or meaningless in the context of what he can do on the football field. He rushed for 82 yards today, 57 yards last week. He's not Pat White, but he's not Cam Dantley either.

He's only a sophomore. SU isn't recruiting game ready QBs, he'll get better in time. No matter what we do, with this QB situation and this WR situation, we're going to struggle in the passing game. Just no easy answer.

Would you rather have Allen out there running or Hunt..nuff said.

Would you rather have Allen out there running or Hunt..nuff said.
I'd like to have somebody who can complete a couple of passes.

He looked slow, he may have been tired during that long run he looked like he gave up and slid when guys were behind him instead of letting them tackle him.
I was fine with that play. He was about to be tackled and I was concerned with him possibly fumbling. He got the extra yardage, why take an unnecessary hit. He wasn't getting three more yards if he tried to run further.

Or is it my cable?

His passes seem to hang in the air a bit. Needs more zip, especially on throws over 15-2o yards.

I'd like to have somebody who can complete a couple of passes.
You have to take the good with the bad so far. Remember he's only a soph and first full year of being the starting QB. Got to have some patience with him. Was Nassib great as a soph.

He is very quick has good vision good pocket awareness and has good speed for the first 5 yards. I really like this kid and with some coaching and practice will end up being a decent passer

He seems pretty hard to take down, too. That TD run he had 4 guys on him and still brought got to the goal line.

Upon further review, he is not fast but he runs well, has solid balance and is strong.

Get that completion to CC and take away the INT - where Terrel was hit low as he threw the ball - and Hunt ends up with a pretty decent game for his first start on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom