Nit is a very good and tough tournament. | Syracusefan.com

Nit is a very good and tough tournament.

SigChiChef

Walk On
Very respectable. Realistically the Nit champ is easily a top 20 team at the end of the year. The NitF4 could be inserted into the Ncaa sweet 16 without a noticeable dropoff in quality games maybe improved.
If the Nit started today, our run to championship could look something like this...@Richmond @memphis~ Oregon~ Providence~ Pitt
I know, I know as a Cuse program every year NCAA or bust. But if we are being realistic, it's never gonna happen. Ups and downs. As years go by all programs deal with it. Be thankful our down years are .500 seasons. Look at USC this year...
PS...at the end of the day I write down what I'm most grateful for...today my 75 yr old healthy mother and Adrian autry is our head coach.

Very respectable. Realistically the Nit champ is easily a top 20 team at the end of the year. The NitF4 could be inserted into the Ncaa sweet 16 without a noticeable dropoff in quality games maybe improved.
If the Nit started today, our run to championship could look something like this...@Richmond @memphis~ Oregon~ Providence~ Pitt
I know, I know as a Cuse program every year NCAA or bust. But if we are being realistic, it's never gonna happen. Ups and downs. As years go by all programs deal with it. Be thankful our down years are .500 seasons. Look at USC this year...
PS...at the end of the day I write down what I'm most grateful for...today my 75 yr old healthy mother and Adrian autry is our head coach.
~seton Hall ~iowa~drake~cinci~utah

Once we have a thread talking positively about the NIT, we have succumbed to lower expectations.

I’ll root for Cuse each and every game, but no one cares about the NIT. I’ve never seen a “Junior Varisty State Champions” t-shirt.

Once we have a thread talking positively about the NIT, we have succumbed to lower expectations.

I’ll root for Cuse each and every game, but no one cares about the NIT. I’ve never seen a “Junior Varisty State Champions” t-shirt.
This^

I couldn’t care less about any post season tournament other than the big dance. I’d rather just be done so the coaches can hammer recruiting and the portal. The off-season will make our break next season. A few more meaningless games against average teams has zero benefit in my opinion.

If an athlete is playing in a game and doesn't care they shouldn't be playing.
If a coach is coaching a game and doesn't care they shouldn't be coaching.
If a fan doesn't care if their team wins or loses they aren't a fan.
If our team has more games in the future than currently scheduled and your expectations aren't met you are unreasonable.
If we win the rest of our games we are champions.

This^

I couldn’t care less about any post season tournament other than the big dance. I’d rather just be done so the coaches can hammer recruiting and the portal. The off-season will make our break next season. A few more meaningless games against average teams has zero benefit in my opinion.
Dude,chill. It's a game. Set up a jump ball and compete. Win lose draw. It's still a game. Lives are not on the line here, engage, do your best, have fun and escape reality for a couple hours. What is this meaningless game you speak of??

Hell yes it would be. Id be pumped with 2 wins there
This^

If the coaches can't coach a few practices and a couple games and hammer out recruiting at the same time...we are in deep doodoo dude

All games are played in Indianapolis this season at the "Historic" Hinkle Fieldhouse (Butler)
We’ve had a solid first season under Red, but my brain has already turned to next season. The NIT means nothing in the portal era.
All games Syracuse plays mean something to me, kinda the definition of a fan.

But we might get another home game!

edit - nevermind, I see they won’t even get a home game out of this.

If an athlete is playing in a game and doesn't care they shouldn't be playing.
If a coach is coaching a game and doesn't care they shouldn't be coaching.
If a fan doesn't care if their team wins or loses they aren't a fan.
If our team has more games in the future than currently scheduled and your expectations aren't met you are unreasonable.
If we win the rest of our games we are champions.

Well said

Red has the chance to do something JB never could, win an NIT championship!

All jokes aside only two teams can end their postseason run with a win, either the NCAA or NIT championship. Why not be one of them? I get the disappointment of not making the NCAA, but it's still free basketball and a chance to root for our team.

I overreacted a little last night. The NIT is good if the coaches can still recruit the portal while playing. That is my only worry about being in that tournament.

As long as someone can spellcheck Syracuse, should they win!

9ab306dc-e023-517f-b7cd-a103f1f0b15d.image.jpg

i grew up middle child in a family of eight so i'm used to hand me downs. you put em on and make the best of life. ain't the best but it beats naked. strangely enuf my younger brother always got new stuff cuz i made sure to wear them the Ef out.

Last edited:
Strictly from eye test - I see the personnel on this team thinking the NIT is beneath them and us mailing the game in with one of our WF type efforts.
This 100%.

All games are played in Indianapolis this season at the "Historic" Hinkle Fieldhouse (Butler)
Butler is going to have homecourt advantage for the entire NIT lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom