Does Wilhack already have his target? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does Wilhack already have his target?

my wife would hang it up if I had chance to make 2.5M per year. No question about it.
I would certainly hang it up if my wife had the chance to make 2.5M per year.

p7423_v_h9_ad.jpg

If it ends up not being Chesney I have to say I’m going to be disappointed. He was always my number 2, and JWs special teams comment during his presser really made me feel like Chesney was his guy. In my heart Bob Chesney is already our coach lol.

I appreciate that this board’s posters are a lot more intelligent than the posters on some of the Syracuse Facebook groups I’ve seen.
We’re really lucky to have this board. Almost everyone is well spoken, well informed, and respects differing opinions and while in real life that’s the bare minimum, on a sports forum anyone can use it’s really rare.

agree. several times this year, i put myself in self imposed ban because I could not deal with the way we were losing (specifically the long field goal attempts). This is fun again. Not getting any real work done, but so what short week.
I did too... :(

Tony, Bob, Al, is most likely the short list.
Two defensive coordinators when we need a focus on offensive line and QBs … I would hope we have more focus on the offensive side of things in this search

You can’t even comment on Facebook without someone laugh reacting and/or arguing with you. And usually they’re not even right.
So far on FB, I’ve seen people seriously comment the following:

-Dino should have been fired but SU should have waited until after the holidays to fire him

-SU should hire Jimbo Fisher

-SU should hire Lane Kiffin

-SU should hire David Walker

Then there is that guy Tortora (sorry if I misspelled his name) who had Don McPherson on his list. Seriously.

I'm sure it's in the Chesney thread somewhere, but the ST reference was a good clue that Chesney is on his very short list.

I do look forward to the presser, it's almost always the best part about hiring a new coach. Especially if you're allowed to keep your eyes open during it.
I had a similar sinking feeling during that as I did when West Coast offense came up with gerg

I have watched his presser three times now and am, of course, doing my best Poirot imitation.

First, he said that if we had won both BC and GT we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Does this mean he made his decision after the BC fiasco in order to go after his target before anyone else.

His criteria was pretty specific and eliminated many of the names on national media lists.

The name that stands out to me is Bob Chesney Holy Cross. High character, strong NE background, leadership qualities, good development skills, good special teams, HC experience, good recruiter, highly respected. He also is immediately available before December 4th portal opening.

Small search committee- probably all big donors for speed. Probably already plugged in.

Also, several of his players are hitting the portal, which is suspicious- were they given a wink and a nod or a non-denial denial?

Chesney may also be one of the few, if not the only, coach amenable to keeping a few of our P5 coaches to ease transition.

All the SU coaches he mentioned not dissimilar prior lineage from Chesney.

We could do a LOT worse than Chesney and I guarantee you he will knock everybody's socks off at his presser.

Well, there you go - now back to regular programming.
New Era.
LGO!
If Chesney is the hire I'm gonna barf. Then I know the expectations for playing big boy football are none.

I had a similar sinking feeling during that as I did when West Coast offense came up with gerg
I new from Dick V and Pete R that Gerg was going to be a complete disaster.

the Cornell coach has HC experience is free and will not cost much

If Chesney is the hire I'm gonna barf. Then I know the expectations for playing big boy football are none.
Ok. Who is your realistic candidate for the position?

The Dome is made for high octane offense, IMO, we need a HC that can develop and run one! Also, develop QB’s!

!

I new from Dick V and Pete R that Gerg was going to be a complete disaster.
I knew that and didn’t need anyone to tell me.

after listening to the dave ryan interview on cny central (said this should have been done earlier), I'm all in on sean lewis!

I couldn’t agree more. I already spend an unhealthy amount of time on here but now it’s really insane. Haha.
Add in Maui for the hoops followers and it’s crazy how often I find myself scrolling through threads

So far on FB, I’ve seen people seriously comment the following:

-Dino should have been fired but SU should have waited until after the holidays to fire him

-SU should hire Jimbo Fisher

-SU should hire Lane Kiffin

-SU should hire David Walker

Then there is that guy Tortora (sorry if I misspelled his name) who had Don McPherson on his list. Seriously.
The Syracuse.com comments section was a real arm chair warrior thread. Holy crap my brain hurt after reading some of the comments. The majority of the public definitely do not have their finger on the pulse lol. Prolly a good metaphor for life in general.