Dolezaj , filling the stat sheets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj , filling the stat sheets

He already played pro ball so its no burden.
Depends on what you mean by pro ball. I assumed he meant NBA.
I think he played with pros in Europe, but was not a pro himself(unpaid). He would not be eligible to play NCAA if he were a pro or had played as a profession( paid).
You need to be more careful about using that term.

I only got to watch half the game (newborn at home and connection issues) but the amount of ground he covered on defense was great to see. Quick to the baseline and hedged up top very well. His timing for holding, releasing and recovering when help arrives is excellent.

Really impressed with how good he is at the post. Passes quickly and smartly. When he can turn and sink that shot it will be even better. Can’t recall anyone playing the post so well- Lydon showed flashes but Cuse hasn’t had many guys do it. Offense looks so much more fluid with him there.

Dolezaj invented the four corners offense.

The basketball hall of fame attempted to make a bust of Dolezaj, but it generated legs for itself and is now averaging 12 and 8 for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants.

Marek Dolezaj is the first player in basketball history to be awarded nine points on a made free throw.

Realistically there seems to be a lot of talk about going pro sooner than later. I would imagine a forward trio next year of Dolezaj, Brisset, and Bazley would be pretty pretty pretty good.

I am really impressed with Marek's abilities during the Texas Southern game. His ability to take it to the basket is impressive but he needs a little more strength to finish putting the ball through the basket. I like how he plays under control and how he looks to get others involved in the game. I can see the comparisons to Andre Kirlenko.

Just think, we could probably have had Jordan Tucker instead of Marek. Getting Marek may end up being the luckiest catch/save next to the time we ended up with Hakim Warrick after Julius Hodge rejected us for NC State.

Depends on what you mean by pro ball. I assumed he meant NBA.
I think he played with pros in Europe, but was not a pro himself(unpaid). He would not be eligible to play NCAA if he were a pro or had played as a profession( paid).
You need to be more careful about using that term.

He played pro ball in Europe. He did not get paid. None of this is a secret. There is no reason to be "careful" about using that term.

By far the best surprise of this young year. Marek will definitely start giving opposing teams another dimension to worry about stopping. Once his shots start falling, he will gain that much more confidence. For years we have watched some teams beat up our zone with an effective high post player and finally we have the right person to do the same. The most encouraging aspect of Marek's game is how good he plays right now with such a huge upside.

He played pro ball in Europe. He did not get paid. None of this is a secret. There is no reason to be "careful" about using that term.
Playing pro for most people means getting paid, so there is reason to be careful using the term that he has played professionally. Rumors get started somewhere.
You and I know the truth, but many casual or opposing fans have no idea except what they hear or see in the rumor mill.

Playing pro for most people means getting paid, so there is reason to be careful using the term that he has played professionally. Rumors get started somewhere.
You and I know the truth, but many casual or opposing fans have no idea except what they hear or see in the rumor mill.

The reason that it was pointed out that he has already played pro ball is because it was said that we should hold off "before we start projecting the burden of pro play upon him." I feel that that was a proper response.

It doesn't much matter what the casual fan thinks, he was cleared through the clearing house or he wouldn't be playing.

Its written in print for thousands to see that he played pro ball . Can you overreact much..

If/when he keeps this up, please tell me JB isn't going to roll Moyer out there as "token starter" all year..

With our current forwards and our future ones I wouldn't be shocked if Moyer bails. Way too many guys ahead of him for the foreseeable future.

But he is considered "cerebral".
How might you describe someone who is an excellent passer because he knows where other players are and where they need the ball and seems to very frequently be in the right place at the right time?

The passes he threw against TSU were some of the best passes seen by Orange fans since Leo Rautins.

"Heady" or "smart" would be a better choice of words than "cerebral".

It's the opposite of driving into two big guys underneath the basket and having the ball smacked back into your forehead.

I'd bet a years salary that we don't see that unless guys fouled out or 3 of our guards broke their leg.
I think Moyer might have a master's degree before he goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom