Dome roof scheduled to come down tomorrow... | Syracusefan.com

Dome roof scheduled to come down tomorrow...

cto

Administrator
Message received tonight from the school:

Tomorrow, the University will achieve a significant milestone regarding the Dome roof replacement project. Weather permitting, the roof will be deflated tomorrow morning (Monday, March 16) beginning roughly at around 7 a.m. The whole process will take about 45 minutes from start to finish and the visible activity will happen gradually at the beginning and accelerate as time goes on.

In alignment with our coronavirus response, we will be limiting access to the building. However, the University will shoot video and capture photos to share with the media, post on our digital channels and amplify across our social media channels.

For those interested in watching, please visit: Dome Live Cam.

Message received tonight from the school:

Tomorrow, the University will achieve a significant milestone regarding the Dome roof replacement project. Weather permitting, the roof will be deflated tomorrow morning (Monday, March 16) beginning roughly at around 7 a.m. The whole process will take about 45 minutes from start to finish and the visible activity will happen gradually at the beginning and accelerate as time goes on.

In alignment with our coronavirus response, we will be limiting access to the building. However, the University will shoot video and capture photos to share with the media, post on our digital channels and amplify across our social media channels.

For those interested in watching, please visit: Dome Live Cam.
Will be sure to tune in, thanks!

I loved the old roof. It had to be changed out but I will miss it. I hope the new roof that we know so little about, ends up looking good.

40 years of air support protection. It out lasted all it’s peers. Birdair should be very proud.

I grew up in Syracuse but live in Rochester now. My wife and I have had season tickets for bball for the last seven years. Every time we drive from Rochester to Syracuse when we get to that opening in the trees on the thruway at Onondaga Lake Park I always look at the dome roof and give it a little salute in my mind. It’ll be weird to see a different view after all these years!

My friend has a wallet made from the old RCA Dome roof here in Indianapolis. Cool conversation piece, would love if they got creative with some pieces of the roof for items like this.

Attachments

• RCADOMEWALLETLowRes.jpg
    RCADOMEWALLETLowRes.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 133
I loved the old roof. It had to be changed out but I will miss it. I hope the new roof that we know so little about, ends up looking good.

40 years of air support protection. It out lasted all it’s peers. Birdair should be very proud.

Around that same time, in 1977, the Montreal Expos started construction on their retractable roof.
After an estimated cost of nearly a billion dollars over the next 20 years (at the time), the roof never functioned as it was supposed to.

I'm not sure if the roof is being deconstructed, or if it's ripping under its own weight, but here's what it looks like right now.

1584365431041.png

I'm not sure if the roof is being deconstructed, or if it's ripping under its own weight, but here's what it looks like right now.

View attachment 178100

Is it supposed to look like that or is that an indication that something went wrong?