Dome Usage Question | Syracusefan.com

Dome Usage Question

nralecuse

Walk On
Regarding the recent discussion on up coming Dome renovations. I was wondering how is the Dome used outside of Football and Basketball ? What other disruptions will occur apart from those games? Practices ? Lacrosse etc ?
Any chance the University shocks the world and announces that the Carrier Dome will be modified to become a basketball only venue with increased seating to 30-35,000, and that a new football stadium will be constructed at Skytop or other site?
Thank in advance.

GO ORANGE

Regarding the recent discussion on up coming Dome renovations. I was wondering how is the Dome used outside of Football and Basketball ? What other disruptions will occur apart from those games? Practices ? Lacrosse etc ?
Any chance the University shocks the world and announces that the Carrier Dome will be modified to become a basketball only venue with increased seating to 30-35,000, and that a new football stadium will be constructed at Skytop or other site?
Thank in advance.

GO ORANGE
Really doesn't make any sense. Why have two domed facilities? All the discussion has been about renovation of the current facility.

Thank in advance.

GO ORANGE
I have the Dome in use around 100 days a year. Football, men's basketball, women's basketball, monster truck, early season high school football, high school football sectionals, high school football state finals, high school basketball sectionals, NYS band competition, a concert or two, perhaps softball or hockey.

No way the University shocks the world and makes the Dome basketball only. The only way to justify spending the money to build a new stadium (or seriously renovate the Dome for that matter) is to use it for as many events as possible. Whether the Dome is renovated or they build one somewhere else, there will be more events than ever held in Dome II.

No, SU does not have oodles of cash money laying around. The Dome as a basketball only Venue is a tremendous waste of space and money

Totally agree. What would they do with the other half of the football stadium. It wouldn't make sense at all to do that. If money wasn't an issue and it is. Su would remodel the dome for football only and build a basketball complex. But now you're talking a billion dollars for two stadiums when there really isn't a need to have a basketball only stadium. Compile that money with all the other campus plans and it's not even close to feasible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom