Doug Marrone comes upon driver stuck in snow | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone comes upon driver stuck in snow

I assume at that point, the car was pretty close to home.

I would kill to have Marrone still at SU ... We'd be 6-4 right now 5-5 worst case . He and Hackett would be developing zach Allen , and we'd bench more organized and prepared but whatever ... IMO

After much spinning of wheels, Marrone finally got it moving in the right direction only to immediately leave and take everyone with him HEY OH

That's cool that he helped out - these storms bring out the best in everybody. lots of cool stories.

I want to make an inappropriate joke based on the wording of the thread title. I want to make the joke, but I won't. All I'll say is that, if I were to make that joke, I'd say it's not cool of Doug to add that kind of insult to injury.

I want to make an inappropriate joke based on the wording of the thread title. I want to make the joke, but I won't. All I'll say is that, if I were to make that joke, I'd say it's not cool of Doug to add that kind of insult to injury.
and I could make a joke about your joke - but I won't. If I were to make that joke however, it would leave me totally spent.

I would kill to have Marrone still at SU ... We'd be 6-4 right now 5-5 worst case . He and Hackett would be developing zach Allen , and we'd bench more organized and prepared but whatever ... IMO

I'm curious if Zach Allen is even going to play at TCU. He redshirted last year, and is sitting deep behind Boykin this year. And Boykin has another year, so barring injury it looks like Allen won't have a chance to see the field until his Redshirt JR year with 2 years to play, and TCU brought in 2 highly recruited QB's last class.

Ithacaorange said:

There's no guarantee that Allen would have been any better than what we have. And there is no evidence that Marrone and Hackett would have been successful on offense without the 2012 stars.

Agree as we would still have Shafer

rrlbees said:
There's no guarantee that Allen would have been any better than what we have. And there is no evidence that Marrone and Hackett would have been successful on offense without the 2012 stars.
No guarantees about anything but considering that our qbs have the worst passing numbers in the country, it's a pretty safe bet

I'm curious if Zach Allen is even going to play at TCU. He redshirted last year, and is sitting deep behind Boykin this year. And Boykin has another year, so barring injury it looks like Allen won't have a chance to see the field until his Redshirt JR year with 2 years to play, and TCU brought in 2 highly recruited QB's last class.

Looks like he has moved into #2 on their depth chart. Little playing time, pretty sure in garbage time, but has played in all 10 games.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/tcu/91947

http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2014-2015/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND

That's ridiculous.

Paulus in 2009 was better than last year. Nassib in 2010 was better. Marrone and Hackett improved the offense every year they were here.

The run game held steady in 2013, 40th to 38, even with Georgie McClueless, and he didn't want to run the ball to start, the pass offense fell off the table.

Would it have regressed some, absolutely, but it wouldn't have gone from 17th to 85th and the pass offense wouldn't have gone from 29th to 102nd.

At least 8-4 in the regular season if they had come back.

#2 QB on the #5 team in the country, but no gty he would be any better than what we have here now.

Good lord.
their starter only has 300 yards a game passing, 55 more per game on the ground, and 31 total tds. allen must be terrible to not start over him

their offensive changes coincided with a huge improvement from boykin

i wish more people cared about what happened at TCU between last year when they were 4-8 and this year when they're 9-1

GoSU96 said:
That's ridiculous. Paulus in 2009 was better than last year. Nassib in 2010 was better. Marrone and Hackett improved the offense every year they were here. The run game held steady in 2013, 40th to 38, even with Georgie McClueless, and he didn't want to run the ball to start, the pass offense fell off the table. Would it have regressed some, absolutely, but it wouldn't have gone from 17th to 85th and the pass offense wouldn't have gone from 29th to 102nd. At least 8-4 in the regular season if they had come back.

Well, then it's oo bad he left, late, took his staff with him, and screwed us for 2013.

I don't blame him, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

GoSU96 said:
That's ridiculous. Paulus in 2009 was better than last year. Nassib in 2010 was better. Marrone and Hackett improved the offense every year they were here. The run game held steady in 2013, 40th to 38, even with Georgie McClueless, and he didn't want to run the ball to start, the pass offense fell off the table. Would it have regressed some, absolutely, but it wouldn't have gone from 17th to 85th and the pass offense wouldn't have gone from 29th to 102nd. At least 8-4 in the regular season if they had come back.

Crystal balls and predictions are nice but 2012 was the only year that the offense made a difference. And that was with the 4 standout seniors. Without them, there is no guarantee. And Allen with our crop of players was no slam dunk. I don't know how many QBs someone has said we finally have a QB that will shine and it just doesn't work out.

Crystal balls and predictions are nice but 2012 was the only year that the offense made a difference. And that was with the 4 standout seniors. Without them, there is no guarantee. And Allen with our crop of players was no slam dunk. I don't know how many QBs someone has said we finally have a QB that will shine and it just doesn't work out.
fair point, but...

TCU's 8th string QB > all Syracuse QBs.

ill take my chances with the #2...

KaiserUEO said:
fair point, but... TCU's 8th string QB > all Syracuse QBs. ill take my chances with the #2...

I know you're joking, but if you think the 8th string QB (probably some dope that played in HS, but is now a LB) is better than all of our QB's - you're certifiably insane.

Zach Allen #2 at TCU is def better than what we have currently - for sure. But I'd trade them all for their OC.

Well, then it's oo bad he left, late, took his staff with him, and screwed us for 2013.

I don't blame him, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

You're beef is with DG and the BOT for not getting a deal signed earlier in the fall.