Draft Class by State | Syracusefan.com

Draft Class by State

bnoro

Lurker
So this is interesting... Only two players drafted from NY.

ChyoSnsVEAMDPbm.jpg

bnoro can find who they were and what they were ranked in the state coming out of HS?

And he was a walk-on...
Clearly we should tell Isaiah Wilson, that if he wants to make it to the NFL, he needs to walk on at Syracuse. I think he might go for it.

None from Idaho yet Boise St finds a way to win

Half of their roster is from CA, NV and AZ. And they nationally recruit on top of that.

Which is likely why our recruiting will likely start to resemble theirs. It's a winning model when you are located in a state that is not a top 10 producer of P5 talent.

Is this by where they went to school or where they are from?

95 from the Eastern Seaboard. How the heck does Nebraska recruit? A 6 hour radius gets you - well not too much.

95 from the Eastern Seaboard. How the heck does Nebraska recruit? A 6 hour radius gets you - well not too much.

I figured Nebraska recruited Texas pretty hard but in looking at their roster, they really don't. A whole lot of Nebraska on their roster but they do recruit nationally - Texas, Florida, OH, NJ, etc.

tep624 said:
I figured Nebraska recruited Texas pretty hard but in looking at their roster, they really don't. A whole lot of Nebraska on their roster but they do recruit nationally - Texas, Florida, OH, NJ, etc.

I suspect their recruiting took a hit in Texas after they left the Big 12.

only 4 from Virginia, only 3 from Mississippi - 2 from New York state seems about right

Not my chart, pulled off twitter.

The draft pattern follows the same as college recruiting in that most of the best and highly recruited players in the country are from TX, FL, CA, GA, OH, ILL, and PA.

maybe now the crybaby...'wheres all the NY recruits' will shuddup.

we can do well enough with NJ, penn and to a lesser degree ohio (for I think most of those non-osu/mich/nd guys stay in the b1g) to satisfy the local contingent.

after that go where the players are...

and we got a staff with texas connections, so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom