Drew Gooden on Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Big Four in Miami: 'It's never going to happen' | Syracusefan.com

Drew Gooden on Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Big Four in Miami: 'It's never going to happen'

"The pairing of four superstars, all attracted to Miami through free agency, would up the ante in an NBA world in which players appear to be picking their destinations and creating their own powerhouses, taking the true authority away from coaches and general managers."

Apparently Wade was not drafted by the Heat in 2003. Or he's talking about Bosh, Melo, LeBron, and some other fourth player I am not aware of.

I hate basketball fans/writers sometimes for crap like this...

"For Anthony, the potential pairing would allow him to win the NBA title that remains the primary blip on his NBA legacy, although he'd have to surrender his alpha-male status"

What is that? You wouldn't hear anyone say something like that in ANY other sport. "Surrender his alpha male status"?? What??

All the talking about "whose team is it??" is always so obnoxious.

This Melo to Miami story might be one of the most over dramatic stories ever released.

Are Miami and San Antonio still playing tonight? Does winner get Melo?

This Melo to Miami story might be one of the most over dramatic stories ever released.

Are Miami and San Antonio still playing tonight? Does winner get Melo?

Honestly, the whole thing reeked of ESPN wanting to keep some pub on the NBA during the day off between Game 3 and 4, wiht the world cup about to start, stanley cup going on, and the US open about to start.

Not that there aren't any legs to the story, just the timing.

"The pairing of four superstars, all attracted to Miami through free agency, would up the ante in an NBA world in which players appear to be picking their destinations and creating their own powerhouses, taking the true authority away from coaches and general managers.
I find it interesting that this player freedom in the NBA worries poeople but not in baseball, it seems to be okay. People seem threatened by young, rich black men controlling their destiny, especially when they go against convention and take less money for a chance to win.

I find it interesting that this player freedom in the NBA worries poeople but not in baseball, it seems to be okay. People seem threatened by young, rich black men controlling their destiny, especially when they go against convention and take less money for a chance to win.

Yeah... that's it. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I know one thing: LeBron leaving Cleveland has nothing on Melo leaving NY.

NY fan base will hate him with the fire of a thousand suns.

He will be rightfully or wrongfully saddled with a very tarnished legacy (ie forcing trade, NY giving up so much that they are hamstrung financially and out of draft picks - then leaving when it gets hard). (I think it's more a case of bundled management - but the NY media will eat him alive.)

What??!! Oh Lord

What lol.

Also, you act like baseball is a white sport. Are you saying we have an issue with Black men making moves but not Hispanic men?

He will be rightfully or wrongfully saddled with a very tarnished legacy (ie forcing trade, NY giving up so much that they are hamstrung financially and out of draft picks - then leaving when it gets hard). (I think it's more a case of bundled management - but the NY media will eat him alive.)
It will be epic.

Good news though, Amare will in fact, exercise his option for 23 mil this year. Oh, he also promised to return to All Star form. :rolleyes:

longislandcuse said:
It will be epic. Good news though, Amare will in fact, exercise his option for 23 mil this year. Oh, he also promised to return to All Star form. :rolleyes:

Meh. One season in purgatory - then assemble a team, all will be fine.

longislandcuse said:
It will be epic. Good news though, Amare will in fact, exercise his option for 23 mil this year. Oh, he also promised to return to All Star form. :rolleyes:

If Melo leaves - he probably shouldn't come back to the Garden in another Uni.

Meh. One season in purgatory - then assemble a team, all will be fine.
I think they need to make a move to get him to stay. You can't expect someone to waste a year of their prime after already wasting a year with that joke of a lineup and coach. Phil definitely looks active if you read the reports so well see what happens.

Who the F cares what a bunch of unconnected, uninformed dopes have to say on the subject of Carmelo's impending free agency?

Leaving Dolan is a lot different than LeBron leaving Cleveland in the fashion he did...plus Cleveland never wins at anything and NY has successful teams (not the Mets).