Class of 2018 - DT Cam Goode (DC) Va Tech to UCF to Michigan | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DT Cam Goode (DC) Va Tech to UCF to Michigan

As fans we need to relax. The staff knows they need help at DLine. It’s the reason they are offering players. They cannot force players to come. We have know idea who else they have offered. Players have until May 1st to enter the portal to be eligible this season. I fully expect at least one or two new DLine players prior to camp. There are a number in the portal and more entering every day. There are also still juco players available. Give it time and don’t freak out.

I’ve been told we have a large lineman transfer coming aboard. Wasn’t given name or which side of the ball. I hope that it’s Cam.
So was this the large man you referenced?
Hope it was someone else.

It would be tragic if an otherwise promising SU team would be relegated to a sub 6-win record by the lack of a DT or two.
I would think that the ability to start and play on a national stage would be very enticing to a DT. Hopefully the staff is able to shore this up soon as I don't believe we will be competitive with the current players. Next year yes this year we could use some help

There's going to be more DL coming to the portal once spring ball is done. More opportunities will come. It's pretty obvious the staff wants 1-2 more bodies. Patience!

Doesn’t Dino have a couple more daughters he can hook up with players who will come here? Hey, this is a new era. Got to be creative!

It would be tragic if an otherwise promising SU team would be relegated to a sub 6-win record by the lack of a DT or two.
We moved to a 3 man front because we couldn’t get enough quality beef on the interior Dline and now we can’t get anyone to man the middle. They would rather be third string somewhere else. It’s a shame because this SU team has a chance to shock the ACC.

We moved to a 3 man front because we couldn’t get enough quality beef on the interior Dline and now we can’t get anyone to man the middle. They would rather be third string somewhere else. It’s a shame because this SU team has a chance to shock the ACC.
It’s one recruit. Not “anyone”

Drama!

I dont think we have a single player on the D side over 270
Hard to tell because not sure if any of the weights put out are ever correct. Also as money continues to state not sure we need 300 pounder in the middle. It would be nice but still has to be quick. 285 or 290 will work. Still a long way until camp. Plenty of time to add players.

Hard to tell because not sure if any of the weights put out are ever correct. Also as money continues to state not sure we need 300 pounder in the middle. It would be nice but still has to be quick. 285 or 290 will work. Still a long way until camp. Plenty of time to add players.

Hough looks real close.

How many real DT’s do we have currently on roster?
How many do we want? Start there.

Obviously they want big guys who can move like Goode, but would rather not sacrifice the “move” part for the big part.

Lots of time left for a P5 program to find a guy.

How many do we want? Start there.

Obviously they want big guys who can move like Goode, but would rather not sacrifice the “move” part for the big part.

Lots of time left for a P5 program to find a guy.
I will take a explosive 275 pound DT before a 300 pound guy that is slow off the ball and and can’t move. Speed, get off, strike and redirection are too important these days with the offensive schemes. I was at UB's practice yesterday. They ran a base 4-3. Their DT’s were all 275-280 and they were causing havoc. Very quick off the ball. They had one 300 pounder, #0. He was doing the least and was the biggest guy on their D line.

Last edited:
12 Dl on SU roster. I kid bigger than 270 pounds. PWO from Solvay.
All of the other DLs are listed as weighing less than 270. Many less than 260. Im sure quickness is important but so is a 60 to 80 pound advantage. Ill stand by my take.
We are not big enough nor deep enough to make it through the season.

12 Dl on SU roster. I kid bigger than 270 pounds. PWO from Solvay.
All of the other DLs are listed as weighing less than 270. Many less than 260. Im sure quickness is important but so is a 60 to 80 pound advantage. Ill stand by my take.
We are not big enough nor deep enough to make it through the season.
* if it started today

Yes. Maybe the weights are wrong, hopefully we add a couple of kids but yes as of today our DL group in my opinion would have a tough time holding up for an entire season.
Haven’t seen many dispute that we need to get bigger and stronger. There’s just different levels of panic for each person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom