Class of 2016 - DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State

How long has it been "100% a foregone conclusion"? It seems some on here were leading us to believe that RW's commitment would lead to others committing. Especially players such as Colon, Moe and Aapri. They were going to all come up for a trip this summer and check out the school. Colon was going to commit in November if Moe committed beforehand. They were the Three Amigos. That, it seems was what was being said was a foregone conclusion. Before he changed his announcement to today, I don't recall seeing anywhere that Ped State was the lock for him. A favorite if SU didn't get Moe, but not a lock. Considering how many DTs SU has lost since the end of last season, I was kind of hoping that they'd land him. That seems to me reason enough to get upset.
Jekelish has been saying PSU is his leader for at least 2 months. As soon as Colon said he was announcing today everybody knew it would be PSU.

It always saddens me how willing these kids are to associate themselves with pedophilia.
These kids are not associating themselves with that.

Why is it 17 year olds can separate the fact Sandusky was a monster (irrelevant of his job description) and that none of the people working there now are in any way related to that stuff, but grown men can't? These kids are going to a school that worships the sport, where fan support is unrivaled in the north east, happy valley is a reasonably entertaining place. Despite the tarnish on Joe Paternos reputation (which IMO is not damaged anywhere near enough for his completely insane decision to not do anything about Sandusky) Penn State is a really good school overall.

I honestly think most people here hated penn state before the Sandusky thing because they were jealous of them, and now post Sandusky they are using that to more easily justify their hatred.

what Sandusky did was monstrous, what Paterno did in burying it was almost as terrible, Franklin is a snake for his recruiting practices but isn't anywhere near the evil that Sandusky was. Penn State is not the epitome of evil like some people are trying to pretend they are.

It is the fan base that sickens me. A fan base that thinks that the Paternos were the victims. A fan base that wants to restore the statue of Paterno on campus. A fan base that thinks that the ncaa went over board in their punishment of Ped State. If Colon can look past everything that happened there then I certainly don't want him wearing Orange.

Jekelish has been saying PSU is his leader for at least 2 months. As soon as Colon said he was announcing today everybody knew it would be PSU.
waiving the BS flag. it wasnt even two months ago the article was written how Colon Could Bolster the DLine without a sheer mention of Penn State other than that they offered. I do believe Jekelish said it would be between PSU and SU about a month ago. but thats where it was left at. Up until today I have to agree with everything SUFaninNJ said a few post back. Not disputing the sudden change of opinion by posters but that didnt happen until today.

waiving the BS flag. it wasnt even two months ago the article was written how Colon Could Bolster the DLine without a sheer mention of Penn State other than that they offered. I do believe Jekelish said it would be between PSU and SU about a month ago. but thats where it was left at. Up until today I have to agree with everything SUFaninNJ said a few post back. Not disputing the sudden change of opinion by posters but that didnt happen until today.
Saying that he could bolster the line doesn't mean that I didn't think Penn State was the favorite. I don't think it's been two months, but it's been at least the last month that the wind had pretty distinctly shifted in the direction of Happy Valley.

From May 22:
I think PSU is the favorite right now, unless we get a commit from Moe Neal.

Saying that he could bolster the line doesn't mean that I didn't think Penn State was the favorite. I don't think it's been two months, but it's been at least the last month that the wind had pretty distinctly shifted in the direction of Happy Valley.
Please do not think I was taking a shot at you, was just backing up one poster as I disagreed with another. I really think, like I believe most of us did here, we were in wait and see mode until Novemeber. Obviously when he moved his date to today everything changed. It really did not become a 100 % foregone conclusion until today...

Please do not think I was taking a shot at you, was just backing up one poster as I disagreed with another. I really think, like I believe most of us did here, we were in wait and see mode until Novemeber. Obviously when he moved his date to today everything changed. It really did not become a 100 % foregone conclusion until today...
No, it wasn't a foregone conclusion until today but the momentum had long since shifted toward Penn State. And once he changed the date, there was zero doubt where he was headed, honestly.

No, it wasn't a foregone conclusion until today but the momentum had long since shifted toward Penn State. And once he changed the date, there was zero doubt where he was headed, honestly.
agreed, so since we are moving on, do we still recruit him? try to flip after we bring in Moe, IF IF IF we bring in Moe. I do not recall did he ever make it to campus?

agreed, so since we are moving on, do we still recruit him? try to flip after we bring in Moe, IF IF IF we bring in Moe. I do not recall did he ever make it to campus?
I imagine we'll keep in touch, and RW will obviously stay on him. IF we land Moe Neal, I think we have an outside shot of flipping Colon, if we still have room at that point.

Tough to compete against them. Oh well.

Don't drop the soap.

1096.gif

These kids are not associating themselves with that.

Why is it 17 year olds can separate the fact Sandusky was a monster (irrelevant of his job description) and that none of the people working there now are in any way related to that stuff, but grown men can't? These kids are going to a school that worships the sport, where fan support is unrivaled in the north east, happy valley is a reasonably entertaining place. Despite the tarnish on Joe Paternos reputation (which IMO is not damaged anywhere near enough for his completely insane decision to not do anything about Sandusky) Penn State is a really good school overall.

I honestly think most people here hated penn state before the Sandusky thing because they were jealous of them, and now post Sandusky they are using that to more easily justify their hatred.

what Sandusky did was monstrous, what Paterno did in burying it was almost as terrible, Franklin is a snake for his recruiting practices but isn't anywhere near the evil that Sandusky was. Penn State is not the epitome of evil like some people are trying to pretend they are.
Nope. PSU is the flag ship University for supporting pedophilia.

Interesting. So after Penn State apparently told Colon they only had one DT spot left open, they just got ANOTHER DT commit today.

Interesting. So after Penn State apparently told Colon they only had one DT spot left open, they just got ANOTHER DT commit today.
LOL. Franklin would never do something like that, right? bcubs is looking somewhat prescient already.

Well that surprises me. Who knew that recruiters lie? Oh yeah . . . . Brooklyn Bridge for sale . . . .

I mean, you'd think they could have waited at least a full 24 hours before breaking their word.

Penn St will still be behind Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, and Nebraska in the Big 10 Hierarchy.

Franklin is a special form of scumbag. really, really bad guy. It's bad enough that coaches let players play who abuse women, but this guy made sure to personally call the girl who was attacked by his players at Vandy. And he wasn't calling to help her by any means. Piece of sh** and it's sad that kids buy into the guy.

Franklin is a special form of scumbag. really, really bad guy. It's bad enough that coaches let players play who abuse women, but this guy made sure to personally call the girl who was attacked by his players at Vandy. And he wasn't calling to help her by any means. Piece of sh** and it's sad that kids buy into the guy.

Calling James Franklin a scumbag is an insult to scumbags. The guy literally was the perfect hire for Penn St. Fits their culture to a T.

Lot of work to do if this kid is going to flip, but I figured this thread deserved a nice bump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom