Class of 2019 - DT Darius Robinson (MI) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DT Darius Robinson (MI) Offered

Position of need. Trust that the staff has alternatives but this is a kid we had been targeting and wanted to get for awhile. Just gotta hope eventually some 6'5", 260 kids start growing up in Upstate NY.

Think he thinks Dino will be gone soon so that may be hurting us as much as a Michigan offer.

If he really thought that Dino was leaving, we'd already be off his short list. The Michigan offer explains the delay in pulling the trigger a few weeks back. If it was simply pressure to stay home, he could have picked MSU and ended it there. The likelihood is that U-M reached out and asked him to hold off because an offer might open up soon. Maybe Hudson was the opening?

If he really thought that Dino was leaving, we'd already be off his short list. The Michigan offer explains the delay in pulling the trigger a few weeks back. If it was simply pressure to stay home, he could have picked MSU and ended it there. The likelihood is that U-M reached out and asked him to hold off because an offer might open up soon. Maybe Hudson was the opening?

They’ve recently had a few transfers announce besides Hudson, so they definitely have some space.

We fought off Michigan for Iffy and we're gonna do it again.

Hopefully, but there is already stuff out there saying he cooked on us and it’s looking like a Michigan/Missouri battle

Fought off Michigan for stritz too. Don’t give up the ship so easily
I think him pushing for this long is a signal that he's waiting for something else...

Fought off Michigan for stritz too. Don’t give up the ship so easily
It wouldn't be that bad if it was only Michigan... They're not the only ones though. I'd put our chances at 5%.

We were THIS close.

Position of need. Trust that the staff has alternatives but this is a kid we had been targeting and wanted to get for awhile. Just gotta hope eventually some 6'5", 260 kids start growing up in Upstate NY.
So they can go to Pitt of BC.

What would make a kid go from a almost 100% (from what some were saying) to 5% chance of committing to us.

Michigan and Missouri offered

Mainly Michigan right? You think Mizzou has a shot? I'd be disappointed if we lost him to Mizzou

Maybe Robinson maybe rethinking a bit more after the couple days we have had in recruiting. He just might want to get back on the "Excitement Wagon" here at Cuse.

Maybe Robinson maybe rethinking a bit more after the couple days we have had in recruiting. He just might want to get back on the "Excitement Wagon" here at Cuse.

Let's hope so! This truly feels like a domino effect. Great news, despite the ND result, has been rolling in. Dino is a finalist for Coach of the Year, "Schmidt" (sorry, I can't remember how to spell it) is a good shot at first team all america as a kicker.

Dungey will probably win some awards, regardless of whether he can make it back for BC. He will certainly find his way to being healthy enough to play in our bowl, you can book that!

This has been a hell of a year. Very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish already this year, and there is still more room for improvement. We are doing so well.

Mainly Michigan right? You think Mizzou has a shot? I'd be disappointed if we lost him to Mizzou
Mizzou plays in the SEC. We're not a better program than Mizzou right now.

Mizzou plays in the SEC. We're not a better program than Mizzou right now.

We've got buzz, though, and the ACC is a terrific league. We've had a team in the Championship game almost every year recently. I would rate Syracuse a stronger "buy" than Mizzou.

fellas, we will fight for Robinson but Mizzou and UMich are in good position. Lets go all in on one or two DT's that are not commited or have a chance to flip. BTW Mizzou seems to be heading in the right direction, great reputation of D line play and Robinson is believed to have a relative on the staff.

Last edited:
I understand UM but Mizzou. Where were they (MIZZOU) and the relative the last few months when he was being wooed by SU.. And now they are a big player for him now.? It was said a bit back that Colorado was in on him too. All to crazy.

I wonder if the more success SU has the more the P5 home state schools will look more closely at the SU recruits because it's obvious Babers and staff know what they are doing? The PA WR as well as Robinson...a hummm...maybe we should look a bit closer that this kid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom