Class of 2021 - DT Dion Wilson (CA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/2/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DT Dion Wilson (CA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/2/24)

Nwokocha looks bigger than Wilson and Hastings. If Wilson is 300 pounds Nwokocha has to be around 315. All three have great size for the new D.
Hastings is 290 lbs

Nwokocha looks bigger than Wilson and Hastings. If Wilson is 300 pounds Nwokocha has to be around 315. All three have great size for the new D.
I love that first picture... Everything about it.

They just look like they're having great fun, and look at how high he gets! Amazing for a coach...

And the Defensive Tackle gets up even more, at 300lbs.

After seeing the group pictures a few weeks ago, I was shocked Hastings was going elsewhere. I'm very glad he chose the place he's going to be happiest instead of the most money.

Hastings is 290 lbs
Think he may be bigger than 290. I know that’s what the recruiting sites state but that was his weight coming out of high school. It seems that he would have added weight while at Alabama.

IMG_1760.jpeg

Looking through this thread it was stated Dion Wilson Jr had 2 years of elagability and apparently he had stated as such on Twitter. I don't see how that is possible. He must be 2 years of eligibility to play 1 season. That makes sense.

2020 COVID and redshirt
2021 saw action in 6 games at Arizona
2022 saw action in 10 games at Arizona
2023 saw action in 14 games at New Mixco St

Glad we have him for however long we have him though.

Looking through this thread it was stated Dion Wilson Jr had 2 years of elagability and apparently he had stated as such on Twitter. I don't see how that is possible. He must be 2 years of eligibility to play 1 season. That makes sense.

2020 COVID and redshirt

He gets the Covid extra right?

He gets the Covid extra right?
No you don't just get an extra year of playing time. You only do if you played the COVID year. COVID year just means 2020 didn't happen which was when he redshirted. He used 3 seasons of eligibility after COVID so he has one more year to play. He still has a redshirt year if he wants or needs it. So basically we have him for this year only unless he gets injured within the first 4 games. If that happens we would get him another year.

2020 COVID and redshirt

According to this site, he played in 4 games in 2021. So I assume he redshirted that season. And thus has two years left.

2020 COVID and redshirt

NCAA reference has him as playing 4 games in 2021 and the UA website has him at 6 games, so I'm not sure which is accurate. But if he says he has 2 years left he probably does.

NCAA reference has him as playing 4 games in 2021 and the UA website has him at 6 games, so I'm not sure which is accurate. But if he says he has 2 years left he probably does.
Yeah that is interesting. One of the sites is wrong. Seems odd for Arizona to get it wrong though, especially to error in more games played. Would love it if he only played 4 games in 2021 though.

Yeah that is interesting. One of the sites is wrong. Seems odd for Arizona to get it wrong though, especially to error in more games played. Would love it if he only played 4 games in 2021 though.

Maybe they have SU's back office working for them.

espn has him with 4 games of stats in 2021. Doesnt mean he didnt play in games with no stats though..

I see several stories about 1 yr left.

Since he played so few games though, he could also have asked for another medical waiver which they have been granting to many.

Seems like just show up and play, the NCAA Isn't enforcing rules anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom